10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
not true, he didn't do it last season

He did it plenty last season in dead rubber matches during packed schedules. For the most part, I'm not bothered by Messi walking anymore because he does turn on for Barca when needed and knows when it's wiser to save his energy.

Hope he shakes it off, 2 goals and an assist and yet this match was easily one to forget for Leo.

doublehh03

Didn't run a lot today; conserved himself. However, you can clearly see his frustration with his chances.

Messi isn't happy with his play now. I look for him to train on the team's off day again.

But a bad day for Messi: brace and assist, and a ton of chances created. Dude is held to such a high standard.

gasgas

this guy is the best player of all times but when it comes to penalties he has to be one of the worst team penalty takers

silvia

Leo being midfielder was working in barca. Not that i think this is gonna work in big games.
Sandro and Munir was shifting everywhere. They have great chance to develop themselves.

Alarcón

He did it plenty last season in dead rubber matches during packed schedules. For the most part, I'm not bothered by Messi walking anymore because he does turn on for Barca when needed and knows when it's wiser to save his energy.

I don't agree, he did it towards the end of the games when they were already decided, but not when the game was as close as today around the break. It's just one of the things that are unusual about this season's Messi, like him always playing in the middle instead of on the right like last year. He seems less interested overall for whatever reason. But that said, the season has just started and he didn't have the best start last season either. I'm not going to complain if he turns it up when it's important, but acting like these things don't exist doesn't help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans