10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't give a flying fuck about the penalty against Levante, but I will be shaking when he's going to take decisive penalty in, say.....CL final

But that's the beauty of Barca. Our most important games last season didn't rely on penalties. We didn't take any against Madrid or Atletico. Not against Juventus, Bayern, PSG.
We did against Man City but it wasn't converted.

raskolnikov

But that's the beauty of Barca. Our most important games last season didn't rely on penalties. We didn't take any against Madrid or Atletico. Not against Juventus, Bayern, PSG.
We did against Man City but it wasn't converted.

Like vs Chelsea 2012? he actually didnt miss a penalty for barca after that until late 2013 then since last year he has been weak at them.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Messi actually does well under pressure in pens. Chelsea and Sevilla about the only times he's missed in relative pressure. Yet he has so many more high pressure makes, WC, CA, Clasicos, etc.

Even today, he converts the highest pressure one, the first, but misses the lowest pressure one, the second.

One has to think if it is a case he relaxes and doesn't focus on some of these pens.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Still with that stupid argument... I'm not going to bother anymore

Messi does literally 10x the good of what you're arguing, he is the catalyst in everything happening forward for us, yet you seem to be stuck on one thing almost every game. I've seen it ever since I joined this forum.

Messi walks. Big news. We all know it, but most of us actually prefer to discuss the good things he does which far outweighs his walking which at times admittedly can be annoying, but not nearly as often as it's for you.

Gotta move on bro. We know you hate his walking, but why not discuss everything else he does instead of being stuck on one thing 24/7?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Let Suarez (today Raki) take the pens please. Apart from that he had a good game. 2 goals, 1 assist, nothing to complain about in such a game.

skn02

Still with that stupid argument... I'm not going to bother anymore

There's a reason why Messi could play every single Matches without resting, that's because he simply rest on the pitch. There's no way in hell Messi could run 24/7 like pedro or suarez and still produce magical performance every game and the most important thing is to remain injury free. That's also another reason why Messi is relatively injury free for the most of his career. Remember when he had muscle injuries, that was because he was overplayed and played too much in short time. I honestly much rather Messi walk than him running his ass off going after a loose ball and end up getting injured. Obviously Messi will need to try harder if we need a goal or losing, but for now, I'm fine with whatever Messi decides to do on the pitch as long as we keep on winning.

Messi loves to conserve his energy for opportunities where he could unleash and attack. Lucho is smart to surround Messi with hard working players to win back loose back. I trust Him and Lucho, and if they are fine with Messi walking on the pitch, us fans should not complain too much..

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
For all of you saying that RM/Ronaldo gets more penalties:
"Cristiano has scored the same number of penalties in 2015 as Messi (both 8) even though Messi has taken 3 more penalty kicks."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"in 2015"

Hard to forget all previous years when we only got penalties when the season was over, like in 2012 when you won the title.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
"Cristiano has scored the same number of penalties in 2015 as Messi (both 8) even though Messi has taken 3 more penalty kicks."

wow 3 more

conspiracy against Real Madrid

please rename La Liga thread to "Liga Lionel Messi and co"

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

It's not about the amount of penalties taken, it's about the penalties that refs take away from us and then give to you... Or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans