10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obiaseti

Honestly, if he had scored the second penalty he wouldn't have made the third.
He made the third because you saw he was forcing it. He wanted to redeem the missed penalty to some degree.

I think Messi gets little sleep because of his second-born. =D

I got that impression as well. It's pretty amazing that he can literally choose when he wants to force a goal. The penalty issue is a little worrisome and the problem is that the more he misses the more he's likely to overthink his penalties. But I think he should still be the primary penalty taker.

F

Flavia

Scored 2x, assisted the opener, and rested for Celta. I'd say it was an ok game. Too bad for the missid penalty.

doublehh03

I don't agree, he did it towards the end of the games when they were already decided, but not when the game was as close as today around the break. It's just one of the things that are unusual about this season's Messi, like him always playing in the middle instead of on the right like last year. He seems less interested overall for whatever reason. But that said, the season has just started and he didn't have the best start last season either. I'm not going to complain if he turns it up when it's important, but acting like these things don't exist doesn't help anyone.

He's been playing at GOAT level for years and you're still questioning how he goes about things. This is simply ridiculous. He's earned the right to do whatever he wants.

Horatio

You're welcome
Honestly, Messi is not going to stop taking penalties. Why? Because Barcelona doesn't want to. I have the impression that his fellow teammates compare more about Messi taking the penalty than Messi himself.

raskolnikov

His overall percentage is 79% in his career. How does that compare to the best takers (with high volume)?

80% is average. Messi´s conversion was always around 83% but surely has dropped now. He has like a 50% conversion rate for the last 2 seasons, which sucks a lot.

MagIX

He does not have to miss important and decisive penalties, this one was only for statistics.

It seems to me that he feels a litte bit the pressure.
Still the primary penalty taker, no problem for me.
Leo:wub:

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

I don't agree, he did it towards the end of the games when they were already decided, but not when the game was as close as today around the break. It's just one of the things that are unusual about this season's Messi, like him always playing in the middle instead of on the right like last year. He seems less interested overall for whatever reason. But that said, the season has just started and he didn't have the best start last season either. I'm not going to complain if he turns it up when it's important, but acting like these things don't exist doesn't help anyone.

all in your head mate, Messi did the exact same thing last season against teams of the level of Levante

NotInHere

what's up with his penalties? Other then that we shouldn't really worry if Messi doesn't perform near goat status against opponents like Levante, leave that to Cristiano.

dakt

I don't give a flying fuck about the penalty against Levante, but I will be shaking when he's going to take decisive penalty in, say.....CL final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans