10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
No, it's not about his defensive workrate. It's about his positioning and his effort when we're in possession. If you think these things haven't changed from last season, fair enough, but I disagree.

And about these positional maps.... I can't stand them as they are used out of context all the time and don't show the whole truth, only "average" positioning, which means 2 games can be vastly different and still have similar positional maps. I have watched all matches this season and watched all matches last season and I cannot understand how one would come to the conclusion that Messi's positioning has not changed a lot.

No you have a point he seems to be increasing his touches around the midfield area, and that definitely seems like it's something that has been agreed on and is part of the tactics so far, but I just don't think it's having a negative impact on the team, nor on Suarez, nor really on Messi who seems to also be getting plenty of touches around his normal areas despite the increased midfield emphasis. Honestly the team is sloppy and lacks sharpness, Messi included. We're going to have to disagree on the involvement and positioning. I think offensively he's been very involved, just not sharp.

Mitchell1978

The criticism was worse and the performances weaker at the start of last season, difference back then was that Neymar stepped it up and won us some games before Messi turned to GOAT mode, plus the schedule wasn't nearly as difficult back then. Nothing to be worried about. Just the usual suspects with their knee-jerk reactions.

Schedule is harder right now and barca has more injuries but at the start of last season Messi's finishing was also a bit off, he started to pick up on that from november last year. Not a good game and should have finished that chance but it was only him and Neymar who created anything this match.

Horatio

You're welcome
Imho Messi is going to turn into beast mode soon. He creates a lot of chances on his own and clear shots. This spell of not converting chances will end.
Messi looks confident to me this season and is eager to take matter into own hands when the team is underperforming. I feel he will come to the rescue a lot of times from the RW position.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Nice assist but horrible apart from that. Should work his ass off when his team gets overrun instead of standing around and picking his nose. Hate his attitude sometimes.

Worst part in here is that people start to bring up Cristiano after such a match. But this, but that, bla bla. Real is ahead now because we fucked up badly and Messi was part of that.

Serbian

When messi is not in god mode, he is terrible! Why? because he has Zero work rate. when his game is off its like we are down to 10 players. He just walks around.....no fight in him like he is taking a stroll in the park! Neymar has been horrendous poor decision making! Suarez very bad also but at least Suarez fights for the balls, whole msn is out of whack at the moment i hope it will get better

F

Flavia

When messi is not in god mode, he is terrible! Why? because he has Zero work rate. when his game is off its like we are down to 10 players. He just walks around.....no fight in him like he is taking a stroll in the park! Neymar has been horrendous poor decision making! Suarez very bad also but at least Suarez fights for the balls, whole msn is out of whack at the moment i hope it will get better
Suarez was the worst from msn today. Messi was bad, but still got one assist, and could had scored. Suarez did absolutely nothing the whole game.

mehdimike

Do you believe like me that he lost his insane speed and acceleration?
And it's funny even Ronaldo lost more :)
28 and 30 years old fatigued players.

FC B

Suarez was the worst from msn today. Messi was bad, but still got one assist, and could had scored. Suarez did absolutely nothing the whole game.

Suarez at least pressured, run like mad and fought.
For me Neymar was the worst from the msn yesterday. Embraced his usual small game attitudie and had a gazillion chances to score and nonchalantly missed every single chance like a mediocre player until it was too late to matter anymore.
Had he scored one of two of his many chances in the first half I reckon Barca might have not lost it at least in the manner they did.

Barcafan 2304

Need to mention it to him in the contract talks. If he wants a better contract and earn more money then earn it and not just in high profile games but on a week to week basis

arjunanand1

Suarez at least pressured, run like mad and fought.
For me Neymar was the worst from the msn yesterday. Embraced his usual small game attitudie and had a gazillion chances to score and nonchalantly missed every single chance like a mediocre player until it was too late to matter anymore.
Had he scored one of two of his many chances in the first half I reckon Barca might have not lost it at least in the manner they did.

Suarez was the worst out of the frontline yesterday. I lost count of how many times his passes went awry or how many times his first touch let him down. Totally out of his usual self yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans