10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
why do people worry about the balon D'or? we won four fucking titles this year, this thing is safe. also, barca without messi for 8 weeks isn't a new situation, the same thing happened two years ago.

Wasn't that Messi's worst year though?

RevoTeller

Congrats to Ronaldo for the Ballon D'or.

Wake me up next season

Why should he win it anyway?
In those 3 months you are not going to win anything and even if Messi is injured this fact doesn't take it away that he has done the Treble as the best player in the world.
Also, Messi will just be back to win FIFA Club World Cup, just to settle this Ballon d'or argument even more.
Worry about Barça current season without Messi, not the Ballon d'or.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Tough luck. His insistence on playing every match whatever the nature/oppn has taken its toll.

It was an impact injury though, not related to how much he gets fatigued by playing often. These kinds of injuries aren't common and, for Messi, are extremely rare so I don't think him not playing as often would be able to decrease the probability of this happening by any real amount.

skn02

Will he be back as good as he was??? That's my only concern.... I heard players who suffered ACL tear willl never be the same again.. How is this injury compared to ACL?? Anyone know?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Knee injuries are completely random and just product of bad luck/reckless contact. They're not like muscle injuries where there is for sure an element of overburdening involved.

Really shitty news to wake up to. This season is fastly becoming a shitstorm.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Will he be back as good as he was??? That's my only concern.... I heard players who suffered ACL tear willl never be the same again.. How is this injury compared to ACL?? Anyone know?

It's not an ACL tear.

BarcaGirl

I actually think he won't be out for 8 weeks. The club seems to give out worst case scenario timelines this season, so I think he'll be back sooner :)

Kohe321

This is nowhere near as serious as an ACL tear. We're talking about a 7-8 weeks recovery, hardly anything career threatening. He'll be fine once he's back, though he'll probably need the usual couple of games to get back into the groove of things.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

MCL injuries are nowhere near as serious as ACL, and with modern medicine, even ACLs are completely repaired in most cases and are actually stronger then before break. The greater issue with these injuries is psychological, more surrounding injuries due to overcompensation for the recovering injury and just returning to overall fitness. Tendons are far more problematic for future career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans