10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
why do people worry about the balon D'or? we won four fucking titles this year, this thing is safe. also, barca without messi for 8 weeks isn't a new situation, the same thing happened two years ago.

That season did not turn out well for us at all.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

Will he be back as good as he was??? That's my only concern.... I heard players who suffered ACL tear willl never be the same again.. How is this injury compared to ACL?? Anyone know?

don't panic, it isn't career threatening or altering. It could have been much worse, he will be fine long term

raskolnikov

Its crazy how Messi can surviev Ramos trying to end his career, ujfalusi ancle break attempt or even a similair knee colission against Benfica when he was chasing teh Gerd muller record and now this little bump kicks him out for 8 weeks.
Fucking sucks, we need Neymar and Suarez to step and carry us to crucial wins then.

Kinlejus

Those typing B'dor nonsense should gtfo. Who cares about that trophy, anyway? Messi doesn't need no personal trophies to prove that he is GOAT. Does DiCaprio shit his pants for not winning globe? You rightly guessed so. Please, then, shut that discussion already.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Time for Neymar to prove that he is as good as you said he is.

Neymar has proven plenty. It's time for the team as a whole to step up and improve, starting with the back line. It's a farce how a team like Barca is being forced to grind out wins, things should be a lot more clinical.

silvia

I think he really fighted the goal today.
He usually doesn't go into the crash like this.
and playing him in midfielder is not best option. front messi is dangerous. and for defense.. It could become like argentina team.
don't rush and get fresh Leo. CL challenge awaiting.

Kohe321

Its crazy how Messi can surviev Ramos trying to end his career, ujfalusi ancle break attempt or even a similair knee colission against Benfica when he was chasing teh Gerd muller record and now this little bump kicks him out for 8 weeks.
Fucking sucks, we need Neymar and Suarez to step and carry us to crucial wins then.

Yeah, just goes to show how small margins that are at play in these types of collisions. As you say, the Ramos incident could easily have been much more serious had he just hit him a little differently, but in that instance he could just walk away. And Messi has become really good at getting the odds at his side either by sidestepping or leaping over challenges or standing lightly on the leg in danger of getting hit, but this just goes to show that... Well, that shit happens.

He was bound to get injured again at some point. Trying to look at it optimistically, perhaps this isn't the worst time it could happen. I mean it's early in the season and there is an international break in between.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Neymar has proven plenty. It's time for the team as a whole to step up and improve, starting with the back line. It's a farce how a team like Barca is being forced to grind out wins, things should be a lot more clinical.

Of course he is good enough, but he needs to prove that he can carry the team like Messi does as Nicosur de la Braila claims that he is just living in Messi's shadow and implied Neymar could have gotten more acclaimed without having to play with Messi. Hence my response to him that now without Messi, let's see what Neymar can do.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The point being it is not just neymar who has to prove, in fact it is time for other players to step up and show why they deserve to play for barca and receive huge paychecks. We want everyone at beast form now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans