10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcafan 2304

The rest actually might do him good as he never really had one over the summer. Trying to look at it positively in that way. Use this time to recharge

raskolnikov

In a way it could be a blessing in disguise if I dare to be that glass half full person.
The schedule isnt to difficult, Messi gets a much needed rest to be fresh for the rest of the season and others are forced to step up.
As long as he recovers 100% and comes back good as ever, it might not be the end of the world.
Eventhough I lost 50 quid in 2 minutes betting on him to score twice.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
MCL doesn't need surgery unless it is some extreme case, usually accompanied by other ligament tears. Rest, physical therapy, likely a knee brace and pain meds is enough.

If he was to have a knee injury, he had the milder one. As long as you don't tear the big 2, Anterior and Posterior Cruciate Ligaments (ACL and PCL) and injure the Meniscus cartilage, you aren't in terrible risk and just likely need rest and milder treatment.

Mitchell1978

MCL injuries are nowhere near as serious as ACL, and with modern medicine, even ACLs are completely repaired in most cases and are actually stronger then before break. The greater issue with these injuries is psychological, more surrounding injuries due to overcompensation for the recovering injury and just returning to overall fitness. Tendons are far more problematic for future career.

You seem to have knowledge on this, for how long will he have to wear a brace? Will it cause him to loose musclemass?

frog-fcb

Least he gets to spend some time with mateo now an by the time he is back playing the child will be into a settled routine so it wont affect leos form plus the rest should do.him the world of good

arjunanand1

You seem to have knowledge on this, for how long will he have to wear a brace? Will it cause him to loose musclemass?

I've gone through an MCL tear myself. Only issue is it takes shitload of time to heal because of the limited bloodflow to the area. Besides that, I am totally pain free now. I'm sure with the kind of medical staff that Barca have, Messi will recover much faster. Losing musclemass- not much, but definitely some, but nothing that won't regrow after he returns to regular training. Muscle memory is a fantastic thing :)

Mitchell1978

I've gone through an MCL tear myself. Only issue is it takes shitload of time to heal because of the limited bloodflow to the area. Besides that, I am totally pain free now. I'm sure with the kind of medical staff that Barca have, Messi will recover much faster. Losing musclemass- not much, but definitely some, but nothing that won't regrow after he returns to regular training. Muscle memory is a fantastic thing :)

OK, thanks for the response. Lets hope he heals well.

But still 2 months with Messi is just to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans