10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ribery didn't win it the year that he won the treble with bayern...the award is not a team/success one, it is an individual player award.

The big difference however is that Ribery clearly isn't in the league of Ronaldo and Messi.
Messi really didn't underperform compared to Ronaldo. The other way around however...

So if two players performed at a level worthy of the trophy, prizes will play in as a deciding factor. Another factor would be the goodwill factor which is also in favour of Messi. Ronaldo mustered up the image of a selfish arrogant player this year. in my opinion not completely just though, but it will affect election.

Yes Ronaldo has time to rally up his goalscoring in messis absence but no one will ignore Messi's performance the remainder of the year.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

It's certainly not just about the tally of goals either. I'm sure most people realise Messi has been the most complete player over the last year and his all round contribution is untouched by Ronaldo or anyone else. If he doesn't win the award, it will be unbelievable. This injury won't change that.

J

Jamie Cal

I won't say this is a good thing, but there's one huge upside; Messi now gets a rest. He had been looking a little tired lately and the resounding the factor of last year was fitness is above all else, especially when the talent is there. I assuming he won't go play any of the 4 international games either which is no harm. We've had our toughest CL game played and didn't get beaten. This period will also show us if Munir is worth a wank. He'll be itching to play when the Clasico roles 'round too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans