10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Shit happens, I just hope he comes back sooner than all the reports have pointed towards. Suarez, Ney and whoever will play RW have to step up. There should be enough quality on our team to secure most of the points without him, but it will no doubt be tougher.

FC B

I wouldn't be suprised if he makes it in 5 or 6 weeks. I just want him fully prepared for the Clasico.

Horatio

You're welcome
^
Honestly....somehow I have a feeling he might be back a bit sooner as well. I feel Barcelona is just being precautious towards fans that might expect to see him but then get disappointed.
Anyway, I see some positive sides to this. I think Neymar and Suarez will push themselves further and take it upon themselves to lead the team, also for Messi's sake. I have already noticed growth in Neymars mentality in that he shows much more maturity and responsibility.
Plus Messi gets to rest his body and spend time with his newborn. He'll probably come back stronger next to a fired up Neymar and Suarez.

I dunno...possibly we won't have as successful of a season as the last one, but I still think it might become a very interesting one.

Morten

Time will see how it will turn out, but dont underestimate the team as a team either. Without having to look to the man(Messi) for answers, the players have to find them for themselves. They might be able to express themselves a bit more, have a bit more freedom. Its not always a plus for a team having to look to one man for answers so often, regardless how good he is.
Ofc, i could be truly wrong, and that the team do have to rely on him more than i thought, time will see.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I was crying for 5-10 mins after he got subbed off injured :cry: But he deserves the rest and I hope he comes back stronger than ever scoring and assisting and dominating games like never before. 2 months is a long time, but we need to live through this. I just hope that this will not fuk his chances of winning Ballon d'Or...

JamDav1982

I was crying for 5-10 mins after he got subbed off injured :cry: But he deserves the rest and I hope he comes back stronger than ever scoring and assisting and dominating games like never before. 2 months is a long time, but we need to live through this. I just hope that this will not fuk his chances of winning Ballon d'Or...

Jeepers. Try and keep in perspective.

dakt

In a way....a very strange way, I'm "glad" Messi is out for a while, since there will be more "space" or should I say chances for Suarez and Neymar to prove their creativity. I would be very happy to see us
doing well without Messi and later get that extra kick from him. Have a good rest Leo and come back hungrier than ever.

Zincubus

Banned
When does ballon dor voting close

I presumed he'd already got the award "in the bag " ... He's had a brillaint 9 months and Ronaldo has been pizz poor apart from the 5 goals game a few weeks ago ...

Kuchi

If any positive outcome can come out of this, is that this blow should shock the team out of the confort zone, especially leaders like suarez, neymar, raki, etc.that carried teams themselves and still do when out of the barca shirt

Zincubus

Banned
When does ballon dor voting close

In a way....a very strange way, I'm "glad" Messi is out for a while, since there will be more "space" or should I say chances for Suarez and Neymar to prove their creativity. I would be very happy to see us
doing well without Messi and later get that extra kick from him. Have a good rest Leo and come back hungrier than ever.

Maybe it will result in Suarez and Neymar taking the free kicks from "their" side rather than Messi taking them all plus we may find a new penalty taker ..

EdmondDantes

I've become a little disillusioned with football since that Rafinha incident. Young Masia talent on the up doing well; comes on does a great turn and that thug derails all his good work for 7 months. Watching the game today as soon as I saw the incident I thought, ACL. There was no malice in this tackle though, unlike the one on Rafa it was more of a collision in which Messi's knee took the most stress. It's sad, and I don't even wanna think about it. 8 weeks without the world's greatest is bad but it could have been a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans