10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Remember back in 2012 when it wa sannounced Madrid media were going to start a smear campaign against Messi, ever since then there has been a shitload of bad press with this tax fraud thing as the worst.
I dont want to believe Real Madrid/Perez has the power to basically influence government/judges, that would make Spain look like the biggest joke in history and a third world country in that aspect.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think they will convict him and send him to jail, probably just a show trial to make an example out of him. And I am not too worried about stuff like damaged reputation stuff; MARCA, AS and El Mundo etc. can keep spewing out their Spanish basura for days and weeks all they want, damage has already been done when the whole alleged tax evasion thing surfaced, not much more damage can be done to his reputation at this point, haters are gonna hate no matter what anyway. What worries me the most is how this whole trial saga will affect him and his game. Let's hope it is not a long and drawn out trial process. Just get this over with quickly please.

All the deities please bless Messi and FC Barcelona.

F

Flavia

Well, Messi's entourage is clearly to blame here, though. What is clear is that the ex-rm director, who is now head of the state's attorney, wouldn't leave him out, despite prosecution clearing him, for ulterior motives.
But his father should know better. Messi already makes too much money... why do that, ffs.

Holly

Any Spanish lawyers on this forum to help us understand what is happening here?

I know that one is not guilty until proven guilty, will not be that easy to prove I guess. I also read somewhere that in Spain there is a law that if you get a jailsentence of less than 24 months, you don't actually get to go to jail. But I don't know if this is true as you read a lot of crap on the internet. Anyone really know anything about that and clear this up for us?

Would be very much appreciated!

BigBarcaBoy

What an absolute travesty and farce. what with Masch being put on trial for money already paid. The spanish 'justice' system is a joke.

Sterlingfan2000

What an absolute travesty and farce. what with Masch being put on trial for money already paid. The spanish 'justice' system is a joke.

Sorry but its not. If I would have frauded 1Million Tax, I would go to Jail for my lifetime. Why should it be different to footballer and hollywood stars? Its a joke that stars always gets Bypass. Justice is for everyone and should be the Same.This is not a football matter , its a Justice matter

Nonetheless I dont think Messi did know he did not pay taxes and hopefully he will be cleared. Not sure about his dad and his previous agents

F

Flavia

He just posted this on his ig:

CQzZnaLUAAElyLx.jpg:large

he doesn't seem that worried.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lol, I complain on the previous page that he didn't post on IG for 3 months and then a couple of hours later.... Messi stalking me... :coffee:

BarcaGirl

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Few things re the Messi case. 1. Even in most drastic circumstance that he was given 22-month sentence, still wouldn't go to jail <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Messi?src=hash">#Messi</a></p>— Kieran Canning (@KieranCanning) <a href="https://twitter.com/KieranCanning/status/652134179547643904">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jail sentences under 2 years in Spain tend to be suspended. Fuentes case a good example from the sporting world</p>— Kieran Canning (@KieranCanning) <a href="https://twitter.com/KieranCanning/status/652134386188484610">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Obviously, it won't come to that. Sentences that are "asked for" by prosecutors or in this case tax authorities are massively watered down</p>— Kieran Canning (@KieranCanning) <a href="https://twitter.com/KieranCanning/status/652135027245891585">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Gaudi

Sorry but its not. If I would have frauded 1Million Tax, I would go to Jail for my lifetime. Why should it be different to footballer and hollywood stars? Its a joke that stars always gets Bypass. Justice is for everyone and should be the Same.This is not a football matter , its a Justice matter

Nonetheless I dont think Messi did know he did not pay taxes and hopefully he will be cleared. Not sure about his dad and his previous agents

Completely agree, I just belive Messi isn't really handling all that money, if I was as rich as him I would sure have haired pros doing that, especially with money coming from different sides: commercials, sponsors, tours, football...but if he knew, yes, even if you're Messi law should apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans