10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't remember barca fan saying anything like that. When he is playing bad or not giving his all some criticism has been there but I don't remember anything extreme. Messi is not above criticism.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Posts like 'Sell Messi for 200m and invest it all in buying new players for more positions, he's past it, we won't get that much for him again'

There were many, many such posts here.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Then you must've missed the massive shitstorm in Summer of 2014.

I wasn't a member yet but I definitely read some relatively senior members here calling for him to be sold.

And let's not even talk about the actual f*cking incompetent board and their "surveys"..

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
+1 Someone must've been offline every time we played Atletico during the Tata season, and after the WC final. Just looked at the Messi thread in the archive. A lot of stuff got out of hand and deleted, but there's still a shitload of people saying he's done and talking about the idea of selling him to invest in several young players.

serghei

Then you must've missed the massive shitstorm in Summer of 2014.

Posts like 'Sell Messi for 200m and invest it all in buying new players for more positions, he's past it, we won't get that much for him again'

There were many, many such posts here.

If true, they were probably said at anger after a frustrating season. Doubt that whoever said that truly meant it in a calm and rational way.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi is still past his prime imo, still think that. His 2011 dorm is still The Best he had.

He has improved a lot in other aspects of his game. What he lost in explosivity, he gained in other things such as his playmaking ability. Therefore I wouldn't say he's past his prime. His prime is now.

Messi has improved as a footballer and when you're past your prime, you either stall or decline, which he hasn't overall.

KingLeo10

while it's true that he's improved in other aspects of his game, he had more clinical finishing in his previous "prime", in fact every time he picked up the ball near the edge of the box or inside, i was almost sure it'd be a goal...we really could use that again.

Barcafan 2304

People make emotional posts at disappointing times and shouldn't be held out to dry over it! Hell, I'm sure I've cursed and maybe posted when I've been emotional and said so and so is useless or so and so should be sold etc and then regretted afterwards. Football provokes emotion and people always say things in the heat of the moment. Calm down guys!

F

Flavia

People make emotional posts at disappointing times and shouldn't be held out to dry over it! Hell, I'm sure I've cursed and maybe posted when I've been emotional and said so and so is useless or so and so should be sold etc and then regretted afterwards. Football provokes emotion and people always say things in the heat of the moment. Calm down guys!

It wasn't that... there were some rm trolls involved too, but many posts were made after the season ended, during and after the wc. I remember even reading he wouldn't recover after losing the wc final and such bs.

Barcafan 2304

Well trolling is one thing but I'm sure there were posters here who might have said something in haste and regretted it after. Like I say, we are all guilty of that at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans