10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

If you stand by Messi because of principle, then you to obey the same principle regarding every Barca legend. See Xavi. He couldn't help the team anymore, he left.

raskolnikov

Convince yourself of what ? Messi offered us more trophies and joy than most fans of other clubs get to experience in 60years lifetimes, please, he'd need 10yrs walking to even begin considering selling him.

Also, DiStefano arrived at madrid aged 27, thinking Messi was finished last year is total non-sense.

And just look at madrid fans by the way, Cristiano gave them jackshit in trophies, ruined their team play and yet they stand by him over and over again, the idea that any barça fan could ever question Messi makes me sick to my stomach, that's ungratefulness & entitlement gone mad.

Take a look at the Spanish foro, they are not that happy with Cristiano all the time, which makes sense of course.
Its logical when you care about the club first before a player, then nobody is above critisism, not even Messi. Doesnt mean that not every Barca fan considers him the goat.
Imagine the same scenario with Dinho after 2008, critisism was justified despite what he had meant for Barca even if he had stayed and been part of a treble winning side a year later.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Messi IS past his prime imo, still think that. His 2010-2011 form will never be repeated.

What are you smoking mate ? Messi is only 28, he was statistically at his best in the 2011-2012 season But last season was his best ever I feel. The way he influences and dominates games on his own, never used to happen so frequently

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If you stand by Messi because of principle, then you to obey the same principle regarding every Barca legend. See Xavi. He couldn't help the team anymore, he left.

But Messi still helped the team. More so than most of our players. That's what was hard to understand. He was struggling, no doubt, but he still had an impact on the team and performed better than most. Atleast IMO.

Messi's situation was vastly different than Ronaldinho's @raskolnikov

R10 had issues on-field AND off-field. The club had to hire a man to drop him home after all the partying all the time because he was too drunk to do so himself.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Xavi left because he wanted to.

Messi is the biggest Barça legend ever. No fan should even entertain the idea of selling him, for all he gave the club, and will still give. That's up to him.

raskolnikov

Well, Xavi wasnt exactly that much past prime, or atleast his past prime level was stil higher than most midfielders in the world, he would have been very helpful even today. He just left cause he wanted a change.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

He left at 35, not 27 mate, and still we would have kept him if he wanted because he's a legend of ours, even if he stays on the bench, not sell him and make harsh surveys about getting rid of him and him being past it !

And I might shock some, but Messi has at the very least twice the legacy of any other player of the last decade, that includes Xavi and Iniesta.

serghei

Well, Xavi wasnt exactly that much past prime, or atleast his past prime level was stil higher than most midfielders in the world, he would have been very helpful even today. He just left cause he wanted a change.

Nah, I don't buy that. Had he played more and thought he is still important for this team, he would've stayed. It is my opinion that he left because he didn't feel as valuable as before. It's hard to go from being a leader of this team to a bench option. Some want to leave with great memories, not with years of being Rakitic's sub.

serghei

He left at 35, not 27 mate, and still we would have kept him if he wanted because he's a legend of ours, even if he stays on the bench, not sell him and make harsh surveys about getting rid of him and him being past it !

And I might shock some, but Messi has at the very least twice the legacy of any other player of the last decade, that includes Xavi and Iniesta.

For Barca, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are the same in my book. The same. Messi individually is better of course, but it can also be argued that Xavi and Iniesta have some of the most complete careers I've seen in football, if we leave out individual awards. More complete than Messi, who didn't have the same success with his NT.

raskolnikov

250m on Messi would have been wasted on one player + a few average ones. These guys in charge right now haven't showed anything to be capable of building or renewing a team so far, so I struggle to see how people believed it was possible back then.
Thats true, maybe in a normal market with a capable board but it did look ike Messi changing leagues and Barca going in a different direction was best for everyone at times.
Im pretty sure if we had a shitty season again like it looked pre anoeta the overall tune woud be very different.
For Messi himself probably as well, remember him being all nice about Chelsea, Cesc's wife being bff's with his girl, folowing chelsea payers on instagram and voting for Mourinho as best coach all in those 2 months before everything went in the opposite direction. at the rate it was going I could have easily seen him wanting to pull a Pedro at the end of another bad season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And Xavi could and most likely would have left before Lucho was appointed when he still was a starter. The rumours of him started mid-way during Tata's tenture. The only reason he stayed for an extra season was because Lucho requested him so, and that by defining his role too. Xavi knew what he was getting into, but still decided to stay another season.

Vlom

11375284_884899338250772_1450267677_n.jpg

Record scorer, record assists, record .. freaking everything !

Not much more can be said really, anything else than absolute worshiping and gratefulness is trolling.

More complete than Messi, who didn't have the same success with his NT.

Lol, yep, trolling as I said.

Barcafan 2304

250m on Messi would have been wasted on one player + a few average ones. These guys in charge right now haven't showed anything to be capable of building or renewing a team so far, so I struggle to see how people believed it was possible back then.

And that's the worry I have long term after Bart being voted in for the foreseeable future. Still pissed off socis voted him and his cronies in

Vlom

It's fucking insane that we're even having this discussion amongst barça "fans" ... blows my mind honestly.

Calm down. You sound like you're possessed. It's a calm conversation, don't get too emotional about it.

Well I get this emotional when fighting it out with madrid fans, but you're using the same arguments mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans