10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Messi IS past his prime imo, still think that. His 2010-2011 form will never be repeated.

Messi is probably past his physical prime, but by improving other aspects of his game and adjusting his play style, he had one of the best seasons in his career last season. Playing wise he's still in his prime.

silvia

i am guilty. i provoked the conversation. don't be emotional guys.
as long as you don't justify your beliefs and still think The Great Club FCB is always ahead of a player, something like this then its all fine.
people always do embarrassing mistakes in their life time! just support our players ahead of this fucking club, okay! more than a club!! ;)

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Messi IS past his prime imo, still think that. His 2010-2011 form will never be repeated.

I don't agree.
2011-12 messi was the best striker in the history of the game, the stats speak themselves.
Now though he's more complete, more of a team player, remember the cl final against man.u and his masterclass, he was everywhere controlling the game, now he plays like that in most games.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi doesn't have the sole goalscoring burden anymore so he doesn't need to be crazy clinical as before. He has Neymar and Suarez to share the burden with hence making Barca a better team too.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Past his prime ? after the season he just achieved ? :lol:

What are we talking about exactly ? cause I think i'm missing something.

itrlf1.gif

And yes serghei, I know you were amongst the ones suggesting we sell Messi.

serghei

Past his prime ? after the season he just achieved ? :lol:

What are we talking about exactly ? cause I think i'm missing something.

itrlf1.gif

And yes serghei, I know you were amongst the ones suggesting we sell Messi.

I suggest you learn how to read more carefully in that case. I specifically said I need time to convince myself.

raskolnikov

Messi is very much in his prime, last years messi is as good as he ever was, just slightly different.

Apart from that, being critical with Messi after that dramatic 2014 season where he was slowly walking around looking totally uninteresting and a shell of the guy he was before the injuries logically spark frustrated reactions by fan who know what he was capable of.
And to be honest it did look like a change of scenery was what he needed at the time and with the money Barca could have easily rebuild the team around Neymar in hope to revive past success.
It al seemed very logical back then, even until pre-anoeta despite everyone loving Messi and what he has done for Barca. Its easy to go al captain hindsight after a won treble

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I suggest you learn how to read more carefully in that case. I specifically said I need time to convince myself.

Convince yourself of what ? Messi offered us more trophies and joy than most fans of other clubs get to experience in 60years lifetimes, please, he'd need 10yrs walking to even begin considering selling him.

Also, DiStefano arrived at madrid aged 27, thinking Messi was finished last year is total non-sense.

And just look at madrid fans by the way, Cristiano gave them jackshit in trophies, ruined their team play and yet they stand by him over and over again, the idea that any barça fan could ever question Messi makes me sick to my stomach, that's ungratefulness & entitlement gone mad.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi 2010-12 was uncontrollable really. I still think that that is his peak. But his impact has never been higher. Individually this is not his best year for sure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi is very much in his prime, last years messi is as good as he ever was, just slightly different.

Apart from that, being critical with Messi after that dramatic 2014 season where he was slowly walking around looking totally uninteresting and a shell of the guy he was before the injuries logically spark frustrated reactions by fan who know what he was capable of.
And to be honest it did look like a change of scenery was what he needed at the time and with the money Barca could have easily rebuild the team around Neymar in hope to revive past success.
It al seemed very logical back then, even until pre-anoeta despite everyone loving Messi and what he has done for Barca. Its easy to go al captain hindsight after a won treble

250m on Messi would have been wasted on one player + a few average ones. These guys in charge right now haven't showed anything to be capable of building or renewing a team so far, so I struggle to see how people believed it was possible back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans