10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

Getting my Leo fix before the Clasico, and i found out this. How you feel when you traing with him. Neymar has nothing on this guy`s skills, it just isnt his playstyle. Some days ago people were wowed on the Neymar thread how he juggled toilet paper. Just look at 4.46 min. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izNV6bKRJbI

Messi is always undoubtedly better than ney or any other player for that matter but there are certain aspects where ney is on par with messi.Some of them being free kicks and penalties.Apart from these their close control shown apart from football matches are also pretty same.For example the audi juggling and that ney can juggle anything video.

NotInHere

True, I mean we know Messi is awhole lot better than CR in almost every aspect of the game but I could see Leo noticing all the goals CR scores and feeling the need to catch up, but other then that?

everything else is blown out of proportion by fans and media

Neymessi

True, I mean we know Messi is awhole lot better than CR in almost every aspect of the game but I could see Leo noticing all the goals CR scores and feeling the need to catch up, but other then that?

everything else is blown out of proportion by fans and media

I don't even think messi gives a f* if ronaldo is ahead or not.Helping the team looks like his main goal.I won't be surprised if he at a point of time he does not know how many goals he and cr7 have exactly.Can't imagine that for cr7.

NotInHere

I don't even think messi gives a f* if ronaldo is ahead or not.Helping the team looks like his main goal.I won't be surprised if he at a point of time he does not know how many goals he and cr7 have exactly.Can't imagine that for cr7.
He doesn't care as much as CR, but cmon don't you think he cares a little whether CR has more goals than him? I think he does, he's a competetive guy after all.

But I agree that helping the team is his main goal

Then why give penalties away to neymar eh ?

Desperate is such a poor choice of words. He likes to score, no more than most forwards, probably less by now.

JamDav1982

Then why give penalties away to neymar eh ?

Desperate is such a poor choice of words. He likes to score, no more than most forwards, probably less by now.

Because he is still a team player first.

Just like Neymar is desperate to score goals as part of his game and gives up penalties. These player know that is is a large part of what they are judged on.

Messi gave up penalties before 2012 anyway.

None of this really addresses my point lol (rather supports it). You're left with players "desperate" to score because... they're forwards.
Messi clearly pushed himself during 2012 to smash the record. Other than that he's never struck me as obsessed with scoring.

JamDav1982

None of this really addresses my point lol (rather supports it). You're left with players "desperate" to score because... they're forwards.

There is a legitimate argument to say Messi is not the best penalty/fk taker in the squad but he still takes the vast majority of them and wants to.

For me Messi is almost obsessed with goals as Ronaldo, the difference is he fully respects the players around him and what they give up for him. Ronaldo doesnt.

Messi giving up a pen is not about not caring about goals it is him aknowledging what the likes of Neymar give to him and it is to repay that.

Scoring goals is like a drug for Messi, he needs it but wont fuck over others to do it.

raskolnikov

Messi clearly pushed himself during 2012 to smash the record. Other than that he's never struck me as obsessed with scoring.
Its true, its also led to him being injured while he was within a few goals reach. people have forgotten about that Benfica game and the whole football world basically in tears.
Luckily he is superman and broke the record anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans