10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I'm not sure that's it. There's been an official pk for a long time, before Messi. I think it's done to avoid problems.
And if it were so, Messi would never give a pk to teammates. And that's not new, he gave them even to Ibra.

Taking 95% of pens when you are not the best penalty taker says something though. More so the FKs.

Giving them to Neymar show his class, he thinks of other players because the players give so much to him as well.

Sure there were comments from players last season or before that they openly admitted they were playing to try and get Messi top scorer.

The best thing for the team in a lot of games would be Messi to come off when team are 4/5-0 up vs shit teams but he doesnt want to. People can try and write that off as just being a little kid wanting to play but he wants the goals and assists that are available for sure.

JamDav1982

Can just see one of those La Liga lip reading videos after Saturday - Ronaldo snatching at shots and anxiously looking up to see Messi warming up relaxed as can be.

This is a huge game for Ronaldo. If he is poor and they lose the locals will not be happy.

F

Flavia

Taking 95% of pens when you are not the best penalty taker says something though. More so the FKs.

Giving them to Neymar show his class, he thinks of other players because the players give so much to him as well.

Sure there were comments from players last season or before that they openly admitted they were playing to try and get Messi top scorer.

The best thing for the team in a lot of games would be Messi to come off when team are 4/5-0 up vs shit teams but he doesnt want to. People can try and write that off as just being a little kid wanting to play but he wants the goals and assists that are available for sure.

He already was the official pk taker when Suarez arrived, though. You can't really expect a player like Messi to run from responsibilities. Everybody knows he wants to play as much as he can, that's not new either.

NotInHere

Can just see one of those La Liga lip reading videos after Saturday - Ronaldo snatching at shots and anxiously looking up to see Messi warming up relaxed as can be.

This is a huge game for Ronaldo. If he is poor and they lose the locals will not be happy.
yeah CR has not shown up against big teams this season

Wtf did i just read :lol:
After missing a couple pens in a row Messi started feeding neymar some. (and neymar failed at his first attempt).
Otherwise he's supremely confident as he should be, you make it seem like pens are some kind of exact science and everyone knows that messi sucks at taking them -__-. After his poor penalty form Messi eventually realized others might perform better at it.

The best thing for the team in a lot of games would be Messi to come off when team are 4/5-0 up vs shit teams but he doesnt want to. People can try and write that off as just being a little kid wanting to play but he wants the goals and assists that are available for sure

I don't even know what to say to this :lol:. You're still painting this as a choice between "Messi is desperate to score" and "Messi doesn't want to score". And then you proceed to prove that no, Messi doesn't refuse to score. Nice way to argue, haha.

JamDav1982

Wtf did i just read :lol:
After missing a couple pens in a row Messi started feeding neymar some. (and neymar failed at his first attempt).
Otherwise he's supremely confident as he should be, you make it seem like pens are some kind of exact science and everyone knows that messi sucks at taking them -__-. After his poor penalty form Messi eventually realized others might perform better at it.

I don't even know what to say to this :lol:. You're still painting this as a choice between "Messi is desperate to score" and "Messi doesn't want to score". And then you proceed to prove that no, Messi doesn't refuse to score. Nice way to argue, haha.

What on earth are you going on about?

I said I am happy with Messi taking pens and asked if he was not the best penalty/fk taker would he happy to be taken off them. If he is someone who cares fuck all about scoring then the obvious answer would be he would be happy to be taken off them.....he wouldnt.

You are the one speaking shit by saying 'Messi stopped caring about goals in 2012' ffs.

Kerrybai

Not pk taker, no. I think Suarez is better. And fk he should always give to Neymar or suarez, if it's a right footed one.

Taking 95% of pens when you are not the best penalty taker says something though.

But he likely is the best penalty taker, Suarez has missed 6 out of 26 penalties while. Messi has a similar ratio of misses but he has scored some extremely high pressure kicks.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
But he likely is the best penalty taker, Suarez has missed 6 out of 26 penalties while. Messi has a similar ratio of misses but he has scored some extremely high pressure kicks.

Yup, exactly.
Same reason I'd pick messi 10/10 times for a penalty tomorrow or a cl semifinal instead of cristiano who has somewhat better stats.

NotInHere

Yeah I don't buy the whole Messi is bad at penalties, he's probably excellent at them but for some weird reason he missed a lot last season. Messi is a lefty and he has perfect shot placement+power, pretty much deadly from close range and with the ball still.

JamDav1982

I have absolutely no issue with Messi taking the penalties and doubt there is much between front three in that aspect.

Dont even have an issue with him on freekicks when I am certain there is instances where Suarez or Neymar are more suited.

My point is that Messi would be pissed off to be taken off either of those even if he realised there were players more suited which for some FKs he must surely do. That is normal for any player and doesnt make him in the same league as Ronaldo for selfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans