10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Green light means a player is fit to play. It was reported Ramos would play with injections, and get his surgery after the clasico.

'Fit to play' to me means nothing else than 'deemed fit enough to play'.
When I said fit I meant being 100%.

Iniesta played, but it was revealed that he played with an injury he sustained during international games.

F

Flavia

Well if he needs surgery following the game, then he obviously isn't fit to play, but is allowed to play because of non-medical circumstances (high-value match, etc.).
Ramos wasn't given a green light, it was reported before the game he was going to play injured, with injections in the shoulder, and get his surgery after the clasico.

'Fit to play' to me means nothing else than 'deemed fit enough to play'.
When I said fit I meant being 100%.

Iniesta played, but it was revealed that he played with an injury he sustained during international games.
What I meant is, after an injury, a player only gets the green light when fit to play. Physically he's fine now, just needs match rhythm.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ramos wasn't given a green light, it was reported before the game he was going to play injured, with injections in the shoulder, and get his surgery after the clasico.

I see. I thought one of the conditions for a player to be allowed to play was to have medical green light.

King5Puyi

12278973_1190594104302603_3160157793449529718_n.jpg

Kerrybai

I still wouldn't go beyond an hour, but I imagine if he plays, he'll play the lot.

Also -- isn't it funny how his return completely lost his performance because of the scoreline? It should of been the moment of all moments, but we were THAT good that it was just a tidbit.

I would be willing to be he plays the full 90 minutes as he has been cleared 100% from his injury, and Messi being Messi wants to play every minute.

Kerrybai

Messi just came back from a KNEE injury, the type of injury that has plagued and ruined so many careers of great players before him. You put in the GOAT, after being sidelined for almost 2 months...from a knee injury, against Real Madrid as his first match back when we are three up? You say why not put him in? I say, why bother? There was nothing to gain by putting him in, only a lot to lose...and to me that is a poor decision. I rather side with common sense (like not risking Messi for no reason) than rub it in a little more. He JUST got healthy, and it is a knee injury after all.
I don't really see the problem with playing a player he is fit to play. If he is fully recovered then why not play him? I see your point about the knee injury but its not a chrnoic problem, just a tear that occured in a collision. With the greatest respect we should trust out medical staff.

RMU ReBorn

Ridiculous comments by arm chair critics . i wonder when he hits early 30's and his form starts to decline these guys will literally bash him for every single minus pass .... !! :D

silvia

People are very touchy here, including Thwix below. Sometimes I wonder if people start reading a paragraph, see something and fixate on it, and then fail to process everything else that was included in the paragraph.

You don't simply lose a footballing brain, that is common sense. The sharpness of it, actually, indeed is less "sharp" when you are out of the game for a long duration- footballers can attest to that, including myself. It isn't just physical ability that gets rusty, which is what I was pointing out. It's not a means to fit my narrative- twisting something around to suit my argument could do that, but what I said makes perfect sense and there is no extremist view in it either, so not sure what you are particularly blown away by.

We were up three nothing, we had a lead but there was plenty of game left to be played. The second Messi came on there was less pressure/pressing upfront and the dominance of the game suddenly lifted. I'm not saying we were awful, but things changed. Why risk giving up a goal or letting them back into the match. Messi not firing on all cylinders is EXACTLY what I expected, and it's exactly why I said he wasn't sharp to begin with. Also, why risk Messi vs a demoralized Real Madrid playing in their home stadium...?

Messi just came back from a KNEE injury, the type of injury that has plagued and ruined so many careers of great players before him. You put in the GOAT, after being sidelined for almost 2 months...from a knee injury, against Real Madrid as his first match back when we are three up? You say why not put him in? I say, why bother? There was nothing to gain by putting him in, only a lot to lose...and to me that is a poor decision. I rather side with common sense (like not risking Messi for no reason) than rub it in a little more. He JUST got healthy, and it is a knee injury after all.

Isco got frustrated and made a dirty tackle on Neymar, right on his knee...what if that was Messi? Was it worth it then...? You'd be singing a different tune, I think.

Thwix- No nerve involved really, I merely pointed out an in-form Messi may have made not only a better pass, but to the better option that was Neymar...which again, after watching the play is more likely than not very true. My gripe isn't with Messi, he isn't as sharp as he should be, and that is expected...but that was never really my point anyway, now was what? Try reading and understanding the whole paragraph this time, I know it might take some time, but it keeps you from typing drivel.

So you know better pass choice than Messi. So he should not play. wow.
If you start pointing out like that, every player is way out of form
See, when you have a medical green light, there is no point worrying about how he will injure again. That is only up to luck.
Messi had a recovery plan based on el clasico comeback.
And, Rakitic and Iniesta played with injury, if you didn't notice.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Why does co0ter blame messi for suarez's fail?
Both him and neymar were open and messi chose suarez who proceeded to neither shoot nor pass it back.

J

Jamie Cal

Why does co0ter blame messi for suarez's fail?
Both him and neymar were open and messi chose suarez who proceeded to neither shoot nor pass it back.

Nah, it was the wrong pass, it's undoubtedly on Messi. But meh, who cares, not a big deal anyway.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Messi already made a "wrong" pass choice last clasico at Camp Nou too iirc Ney instead of Suarez.

The thing is, he did the right choice just about a million time for us, thus taking away the right from any keyboard warrior to tell if he should play or not.

It's really that simple.

BerkeleyBernie

If this Messi pass is "out-of-form," please, more out-of-form Messi. It really was quite stunning- just out of nothing, dribbling laterally through a curtain of players near the half line, doesn't even seem likes he's looking, then BAM, a 15-20 yard laser pass to Alba's feet (who must be applauded for handling it brilliantly).

messi-alba-pass.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've watched that Messi pass over & over and I can't see when he identifies the space to even attempt it, truly remarkable..Of course, it was Dani on the receiving end and they do seem to be telepathic but the layoff for Luis who timed his run perfectly was sheer beauty...I see a team evolving from the almost purely counter attacking side from last season into a mix of control & lethal vertical attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans