10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
A bad game from him, but its not like we lost two points because of him. Suarez and Neymar burned their share of chances too.....

Then awful defending by Pique and Masche on Valencia's goal...

It's not about his misconverted chances, but his overall play. In the second half, we chose to run the play through Messi, but he was too slow and slowed down the tempo too much.

JamDav1982

Messi doesnt look fit an played poorly but the bigger issue is the fact that the team or Lucho tried to force it with him being the main man in second half.

All they needed to do was repeat first half and give Neymar the focus of attack.

El Flaco

His teammates were working their asses off with pressing in order to regain the possession and the Argentine did nothing but just walking around.
I can just feel sorry for Rakitic and Suárez taking Messi's position (the part of the pitch to do the pressing for him)

Fine, some people may thought "oh, he just save himself for contribution in the last third"
But no, no and no. When Neymar and Suárez were running towards the goal with high speed, Messi didn't...

---

I'd like to add that Messi is my one my favorite player and appricate for everything he's done for this club.
But when I see such a peroformance, I will call it out.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not about his misconverted chances, but his overall play. In the second half, we chose to run the play through Messi, but he was too slow and slowed down the tempo too much.

He did, but we still came to more than enough chances to finish the game, but didnt. He also assisted Suarez' goal so people are giving him way too much heat than the actual picture is.

Not surprised though since it tends to go crazy here after every loss of points.

serghei

Messi doesnt look fit an played poorly but the bigger issue is the fact that the team or Lucho tried to force it with him being the main man in second half.

All they needed to do was repeat first half and give Neymar the focus of attack.

Exactly. Whenever Neymar was on the ball, he looked sharper and better, more likely to beat his man, which he did plenty of times. Messi was couple of seconds too slow, and his finishing was off. Really off.

Move on, but don't focus everything on Messi. There are two guys out there in front in better form.

gasgas

the problem is that if he plays slow and lethargic, it hurts the whole team.
i dont know why we decided to play through him second half, when we have been so successful playing through neymar

KingLeo10

Two things, one being that he seems very apprehensive about contesting for the ball, he almost always backs out of a challenge these days and loses the ball which often initiates counters...another being that his shot is absolutely nowhere near what it used to be, there were a handful of chances he would have either smashed in or positioned perfectly to score. In all, he needs to get it together because as it stands our 4-4-2/4-3-3 with roberto in the mix and only suarez/neymar up front was starting to look rather lethal.

also this main man talk is not relevant in my opinion, as MSN plays best when all 3 share the focal point. (roma game being an example).

F

Flavia

His teammates were working their asses off with pressing in order to regain the possession and the Argentine did nothing but just walking around.
I could just feel sorry for Rakitic and Suárez taking Messi's position (the part of the pitch to do the pressing for him)

Fine, some people may thought "oh, he just save himself for contribution for the last third"
But no, no and no. When Neymar and Suárez were running towards the goal with high speed, Messi didn't...

---

I'd like to add that Messi is my one my favorite player and appricate for everything for what he's done for this club.
But when I see such a peroformance, I will call it out.

Rakitic had a very, VERY poor match. Can't blame Messi for that. He didn't have a good game, but few did. the match was lost to complacency. defense was sleeping on that valencia counter.

JamDav1982

Personally not pissed off at Messi at all. More the other players or coaches who changed the way team was playing to make him focal point of virtually every single attack.

No need whatsoever.

F

Flavia

Neymar set up better chances in first half that players missed though.

Looked far more creative in first period.

The better chances are the ones converted, though. The team didn't play well. Messi being singled out is unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans