10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

The only problem I have with Messi is that his off the ball game when the opponent is in possession is almost non existent. It looks odd, everyone moving to close down spaces, Suarez doing pressing, Neymar going back to defend, and Messi just standing and walking like he is in the park. That's not alright with me. About the rest, the misses, him being dispossessed more often than usual, can't fault him for having an off night, it happens. But he has to put in more effort, as far as off the ball movement is concerned.

gasgas

I guess Messi can't recover his form unless he is the main man, constructing, passing and finishing.

oh that's nice then. let's see how much good that does.
choosing the off-form messi, instead of the in form neymar to lead attacks

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
oh that's nice then. let's see how much good that does.
choosing the off-form messi, instead of the in form neymar to lead attacks

He'll probably do well. It's not like he's Bendtner either ffs.
Should we consider Espanyol a tough game?

I wouldn't tbh. Sure those fuckers make a full effort against us, but we SHOULD get the three points against them.

Valencia despite of being injury ridden is an intense team to face away and always a challenge for most teams at Mestalla.

bismp

Please point me to another "one liner mocking post".And btw,is it forbidden to express my opinion in a laconic way?

Do everyone a favor anf stay away next time.
Great attitude coming from a moderator.You are supposed to keep things civil,not spark arguments.If i was already been told that i my "one liner mocking postS" are not wanted,i would accept a reply like that.But,no,i have not.

Sorry for the off topic guys.PM me if you want Bojan

raskolnikov

The only problem I have with Messi is that his off the ball game when the opponent is in possession is almost non existent. It looks odd, everyone moving to close down spaces, Suarez doing pressing, Neymar going back to defend, and Messi just standing and walking like he is in the park. That's not alright with me. About the rest, the misses, him being dispossessed more often than usual, can't fault him for having an off night, it happens. But he has to put in more effort, as far as off the ball movement is concerned.
Yeah this, no point in being a statue waiting for the ball to be delivered.

gasgas

one thing that really makes me boil is when our players look for him in all the wrong places. alves is in a position to shoot, instead he passes to a well covered messi.
this stuff really makes me mad :banghead:

KingLeo10

true, and another fair criticism is him losing the ball too much these days, not so much when he starts dribbling, but as he either starts to take off or when he prepares too shoot, that bothers me because messi used to be almost as impossible to dispossess as iniesta back in the day.

F

Flavia

one thing that really makes me boil is when our players look for him in all the wrong places. alves is in a position to shoot, instead he passes to a well covered messi.
this stuff really makes me mad :banghead:

Alves seldom shoots. He looks for someone 99% of the time.

it is unfair to neymar who has been tearing defenders apart for a while now.

Neymar skied his best chance today.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
it is unfair to neymar who has been tearing defenders apart for a while now.

Both will share the burden.

Neymar should arguably get most of it, but for Messi to come back to form, he has to lead as well. You can't shut him out either.

Serbian

its nothing NEW that messi doesnt run or press or defends. When he is in God mode that is easily overlooked, but problem is when he is not on his best, he slows game down, and offers nothing and i mean nothing like we have 10 players. I mean Suarez presses and runs like an wild lion, but i wish messi would give at least half that of Suarez, Ney covers also much more ground. He is not in top form, but when he is terrible coming off injury why not have balls and sub him off in 75 th min??? He has become bigger than the club which is wrong in a team sport

JamDav1982

Alves seldom shoots. He looks for someone 99% of the time.

Neymar skied his best chance today.

What is the relevance of Neymar missing that chance?

I think people know no player is going to score everything. It is hardly a valid argument to Neymar being the better player to just point out a chance he missed.

J

Jamie Cal

Indeed, poor game. We could'a glossed over it if we had killed it in the first half, though.

December is full of lesser games and is a fairly quiet month. A few teams he can practice on will do him a world of good, not to mention a month's worth of fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans