10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

i don't mean he becomes tired ffs. I mean his body cannot endure running much.
his stat is like 8km+-

if you have the stats available, i'm curious how much do neymar and suarez run per game? I don't really read much into the running stats for players that aren't midfielders but it'd be interesting to know

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
@6 Ballons : you give messi fans a bad rep around here mate :lol:

Of course barça wouldn't collapse without Messi, we'd still be in any position of top3 worldwide anyway.

Just people jumping at Messi's throat for may be one half where he seemed like he could do more, coming from 2months injury, is just as ludacrous to me.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Dude, I see it otherwise, it's between people who understand football and people who don't.
Anyone who says that messi needs to run more and press and be like bale or suares, clearly has no idea about the beautiful sport.

It depends on the game. Goal is to win and if someone like Messi has to do dirty work, so be it. If he needs to be subbed off in a game that is decided to be fit for the next game and he does not want to go off, it is a wrong decision made by Messi.
RM was struggling in many games because a player like Cristiano never participated in defense and was only helping his team in offense. Their loss against Dortmund e.g. where they exposed exactly that weakness.

It is a team sport and no matter how good a single player is he has to do everything necessary for the team to win. There are also plenty of examples where Messi moved a lot more without the ball, helped in defense etc.

NotInHere

I'll give the best player in the history of the sport the benefit of the doubt lol, there's nothing he said wrong, he picks his moments to go and fight for balls, and delivers big time every time in big games.

Alarcón

There's a new cool interview with messi.
He says among other things, to go fuck themselves those in argentina that criticize him for not "showing passion" or running too much.
Exactly the things I'd like to say to the trolls that come here after every bad result.

You're the biggest one of them!!!!!!!

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
It is a team sport and no matter how good a single player is he has to do everything necessary for the team to win. There are also plenty of examples where Messi moved a lot more without the ball, helped in defense etc.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
Messi pressures his marker when he has the ball and makes defensive runs when needed.
Didn't he get a yellow tackling someone from behind when they counter attacked some games ago? He sprinted like a madman to make that tackle. Unfortunately I don't remember the game but we can find that out easily.
You guys are out of your mind.

NotInHere

Though sometimes Messi doesn't fight for balls when he is near them for some reason, only thing I would get on his case but even then I feel like it's no big deal when he delivers like no other player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans