10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So refreshing to see a performance like that from Messi. It's like it was taken right out of his best spell in 14/15. He played with his base position at the RW again and was constantly in sync with our play. Arda seems to have really good positional chemistry with him. The trio of Leo, Arda, and Alves on the right flank almost always had a really perfect shape and combined with the same complete fluency of Iniesta/Alba/Nerman.

Hopefully it was Arda's inclusion that naturally pushed Leo back to his best position. For whatever reason, it looked like Leo had better angles/space and more passing options in this match than what we've seen for most of this season. Last year Rakitic fit that flank really well but for some reason our right flank has looked in complete discord these past months. If the Turk improved the system on the right flank for Leo to operate in, it'll increase the likelihood/frequency of performances like that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Flank looked in discord because Messi was getting back from injury imo.
But yeah, Rakitic has been a bit off since he got married. Hope he doesn't go too soft.

Rahj

What's Messi's match/goal rate since his return? Is it still 1?

I looked it up: It's 9 goals in 10 matches.
Quite amazing for someone who is returning from an injury.

messi has been returning from injury for a longer time than he was injured.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What's his deal with nutmegs, hahaha... Every week is a different team mate and he always burst out laughing, it's like he's on a mission, hahaha!

Kuchi

I dont know If anyone else noticed, but after Messi goal Suarez runs to Espanyol goalkeeper and screams at him. Haha! Take that Espanyol!

Noticed that too, i'd say Suarez reacted like most of us, letting out the frustration caused by those brutes taking the lead, shows how involved he is and his big hart. I'd say he was the voice of the cules in that moment.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Our dictator is so generous.

Have you ever seen any other dictator so kindly handing out nutmegs to those in need?

He really does have a big heart. He should be named as the Times person of the year and Unicef should use his face as their logo.

Truly a wonderful human being.

klc123

Our dictator is so generous.

Have you ever seen any other dictator so kindly handing out nutmegs to those in need?

He really does have a big heart. He should be named as the Times person of the year and Unicef should use his face as their logo.

Truly a wonderful human being.

Unicef should send him on a relief mission to Africa, where he can hand out nutmegs to those who need it most.

Egert

Estonian Culé
20 direct free-kick goals Messi for Barcelona, per season since 2008/2009: 1 - 2 - 1 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 4(ongoing) #fcblive [via [MENTION=20217]barca[/MENTION]stat]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans