10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

I said pretty much a guaranteed goal. You need to read better @Origami

Link? It's pretty cool if it's true.

His post match conference. That's what he said:

Luis Enrique: "Was surprised by penalty, they practised it in training? I wasn't surprised, was aware what they were up to. It's legal, we all know the Cruyff penalty. Besides winning, these players also try to have a good time."

I'd be more surprised if it was just a coincidence.

footyfan

Calma, calma
His post match conference. That's what he said:

Luis Enrique: "Was surprised by penalty, they practised it in training? I wasn't surprised, was aware what they were up to. It's legal, we all know the Cruyff penalty. Besides winning, these players also try to have a good time."

I'd be more surprised if it was just a coincidence.

Oh come on. There is absolutely no indication at all that it was a homage to Cruyff.

Horatio

You're welcome
Oh come on. There is absolutely no indication at all that it was a homage to Cruyff.

That I do agree with. Even though I am convinced it was rehearsed and not because of bad conversion rates, I am not sure if this was supposed to be a homage to Cruijf. Will wait until one of the players confirm it.

spark

Laughing at the Madrid media frothing at the mouth over the penalty. Only wish Neymar had got to it first and backheeled it in for maximum rage.

Horatio

You're welcome
Laughing at the Madrid media frothing at the mouth over the penalty. Only wish Neymar had got to it first and backheeled it in for maximum rage.

Can you post some of the things the Madrid media is saying? I want to show a friend who is Madridista.

F

Flavia

Messi knows of that move because of Cruyff. That's why I think it might have been for him. I really doubt it was about conversion rates. The match was already 3-1, 81' minute.

Hardy

I expect massive overracting on this penalty for entire week by Florentino's media. Yes is disrespectful, more then punch, kick and diving all the fucking games :lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Messi knows of that move because of Cruyff. That's why I think it might have been for him. I really doubt it was about conversion rates. The match was already 3-1, 81' minute.

maybe Neymessi were practising penalties in training and Bravo was saving all of them, so they just decided to have some fun with it

Alik

Hah, how is scoring that penalty less risky than shooting it the normal way?

To me, the Cruyff homage seems like a far likelier explanation.

Either way, it doesn't matter. It went in :)

It was planned because they realized they have been missing a lot recently and made a decision to rectify it. It's pretty great that they were proactive and decided to fix the problem. Not sure how this is a bad thing

They didn't fix anything as it's not like they will be able to keep taking penalties this way.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Messi's conversion rate also dropped. It's counted as a missed pk.

You are really fixating on the term "conversion rate" too much. I obviously meant that the team was missing a lot of penalties recently and they wanted to score this time.

Horatio

You're welcome
You are really fixating on the term "conversion rate" too much. I obviously meant that the team was missing a lot of penalties recently and they wanted to score this time.

That doesn't really change your claim though. You are still arguing that they did this because they missed penalties recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans