10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark

Can you post some of the things the Madrid media is saying? I want to show a friend who is Madridista.

Was a poll asking if it was a lack of respect. Marca and AS also saying the free kick was invalid because he moved it. I expect it will be the topic of the week like neymar vs Atletico and Halloween-gate

footyfan

Calma, calma
That doesn't really change your claim though. You are still arguing that they did this because they missed penalties recently.

1) missing a lot of penalties recently
2) practising penalties in training to get better
3) getting them saved by Bravo (this part was just banter)
4) find a creative way to score because why not
5) implement in the game

so yes, I think they're doing it because they've been missing penalties recently

Horatio

You're welcome
5) implement in the game

so yes, I think they're doing it because they've been missing penalties recently

How is this going to help them during a penalty shootout? Where this is not allowed to pull of?

Imagine yourself to be the regular penalty taker in your team, possibly thinking 'well....maybe it is a good time to regain some confidence in my penalty taking' why the hell would you not use this opportunity to do so?

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

5) implement in the game

doubtfull because this can only be done once and i also think they did this because the score allowed for it (up 3-1), probably wouldn't have happened at 0-0

footyfan

Calma, calma
Why the hell though, I ask you, would players of this level not try to use this opportunity during a 3-1 lead to practice their goal scoring in a live game?
If you are bad at penalties, not taking them is not going to help.

How is this going to help them during a penalty shootout? Where this is not allowed to pull of?

Imagine yourself to be the regular penalty taker in your team, possibly thinking 'well....maybe it is a good time to regain some confidence in my penalty taking' why the hell would you not use this opportunity to do so?

Because they were having fun in training and decided to do it in a match once? It's not like they can keep doing this over and over again.

footyfan

Calma, calma
doubtfull because this can only be done once and i also think they did this because the score allowed for it (up 3-1), probably wouldn't have happened at 0-0

yeah I agree. See my post above. It still doesn't change my opinion that they even thought of doing this because they were missing a lot of penalties recently. Imo it's far likelier than Cruyff homage explanation

Horatio

You're welcome
Because they were having fun in training and decided to do it in a match once? It's not like they can keep doing this over and over again.

Why would they decide to do it once during a comfortable lead if you implied they did this to increase their success at scoring?

Horatio

You're welcome
They can't control when they get the penalty. As it happened, this penalty was scored at 3-1.

What is the name of the argument fallacy you are committing right now, lol. Someone help me out?

I am asking you if they did this because of a lack in confidence in taking it himself, doesn't it make more sense to try especially now during a lead to regain confidence?

I am arguing that the method of scoring didn't come forth out of an insecurity to take it straight away.

footyfan

Calma, calma
What is the name of the argument fallacy you are committing right now, lol. Someone help me out?

I am asking you if they did this because of a lack in confidence in taking it himself, doesn't it make more sense to try especially now during a lead to regain confidence?

I am arguing that the method of scoring didn't come forth out of an insecurity to take it straight away.

It could be something as simple as them deciding in training that they would take the next penalty this way.

My opinion is that the reason they even practiced taking the penalty this way in training is because of the missed penalties recently and a bit of cheek.

Why do you think they took the penalty like this?

Horatio

You're welcome
It could be something as simple as them deciding in training that they would take the next penalty this way.

My opinion is that the reason they even practiced taking the penalty this way in training is because of the missed penalties recently and a bit of cheek.

Why do you think they took the penalty like this?

Purely for cheek and a production of the current euphoric state the team is in(good results, players getting along, good chemistry etc). They decided to do it sometime during training because it would be somewhat unique and have the confidence in one another to pull it off.

But again, don't think it has anything to do with missed penalties. If anything, I expect Lucho to condemn that behaviour where you are avoiding to take a penalty out of fear. If it would be clear to Lucho that Messi doesn't plan on taking the penalty in straight fashion out of a lack of confidence, I expect him to tell Messi either 1 of 2 things: 1) well, just take it during a lead comfortable lead. It is an opportunity regain some confidence. 2) Just let Suarez take it then.

Possibly also a homage to Cruijff. I am not convinced yet at this point, but it IS a possibity.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho did great to balance the team, make our defense better, shift focus from midfield to attack, etc.. But I don't think he tells Messi what to do on penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans