But Ronaldo is more complete :VdB:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Best dribbler all time
Best passer all gime
One of the best playmaker all time
One of the best goal scorers all time

But Ronaldo is more complete :VdB:

Ronaldo is stronger, taller, faster over 100m, better hair and better in the air, he can do way more around the worlds and his abs show more too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
GOATs in most sports have kind of been boring because they never needed to resort to clowning to stay relevant.

LordLichtenstein

Complete career stat.

jv1g7E2.png

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This is the best season of his career, I genuinely think he's never been better.

Can't agree with you there. In 14/15 he was dropping players 1v1 like flies, no matter what team. That sort of emasculation, especially when he could do it without even breaking out of a jog, just made him seem like such a boss. Messi has always been a master of 1-vs-all dribbles where an entire defense would collapse onto him because of how infallible his ball control and agility is. However, in 14/15, seeing him so frequently bust out a feint, skill, or meg to floor a defender made him seem like the supreme alpha of the footballing world :lol:.

This was furthered by him creating clear-cut goalscoring chances for Nerman and co. regularly like it was nothing. He'd turn a defender's career into dust if he felt like it, let Neymar/Suarez have a 1v1 scoring opportunity if he felt like it, and he'd walk around if he felt like it.

We're gonna need more Boateng assassinations and legacy building solo goals for me to consider this season up to par with 10/11 or 14/15 for Leo.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I agree that you can hardly say 15/16 is his best season (for now), especially in the dribbling with the injury and time it took to get back into form, but he's getting there.

If you only consider his vision of the game though .... this season is even better than last one, which is insane.

To sum it up, I think he will end the season in GOAT form for our biggest joy.

2jTMYeO.gif

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I want to see a hybrid of 2012's goal scoring, hit man Messi and the recent play orchestrating, maestro Messi.

Well his goal scoring is up there now, even better than 2012, hope it stays like this !

So actually only the dribbling is still missing a few notches to have the greatest Messi we've ever seen.

Dear god ... :messi:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Can't agree with you there. In 14/15 he was dropping players 1v1 like flies, no matter what team. That sort of emasculation, especially when he could do it without even breaking out of a jog, just made him seem like such a boss. Messi has always been a master of 1-vs-all dribbles where an entire defense would collapse onto him because of how infallible his ball control and agility is. However, in 14/15, seeing him so frequently bust out a feint, skill, or meg to floor a defender made him seem like the supreme alpha of the footballing world :lol:.

This was furthered by him creating clear-cut goalscoring chances for Nerman and co. regularly like it was nothing. He'd turn a defender's career into dust if he felt like it, let Neymar/Suarez have a 1v1 scoring opportunity if he felt like it, and he'd walk around if he felt like it.

We're gonna need more Boateng assassinations and legacy building solo goals for me to consider this season up to par with 10/11 or 14/15 for Leo.

I'll have to disagree too. He has never been more masterful on the ball, his passing has never been better and he has never been more timely with his impact on the field. Obviously, his May 2015 was ridiculous but we're not at that point of the season yet. I have no doubt though that he'll reach that same level again this season, injury permitting. For starters, he will repeat his 14/15 Camp Nou performance vs City against Arsenal on Wednesday. I'm predicting atleast 3 goals+assists in that game.

He's just taking it easy for most of the 90 min each game because Neymar and Suarez are also really really good this season. But whenever Barca have needed him, he steps up like clock-work.

Well his goal scoring is up there now, even better than 2012, hope it stays like this !

So actually only the dribbling is still missing a few notches to have the greatest Messi we've ever seen.

Dear god ... :messi:

His dribbling has already reached his previous levels of 14/15, I don't see what's missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans