10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollegah

I'll have to disagree too. He has never been more masterful on the ball, his passing has never been better and he has never been more timely with his impact on the field. Obviously, his May 2015 was ridiculous but we're not at that point of the season yet. I have no doubt though that he'll reach that same level again this season, injury permitting. For starters, he will repeat his 14/15 Camp Nou performance vs City against Arsenal on Wednesday. I'm predicting atleast 3 goals+assists in that game.

He's just taking it easy for most of the 90 min each game because Neymar and Suarez are also really really good this season. But whenever Barca have needed him, he steps up like clock-work.

His dribbling has already reached his previous levels of 14/15, I don't see what's missing.

look at the copa game against athletico at camp nou last season.
he took every oppurtunity to go forward and dribbled like crazy on the right wing.

nowadayys hes more calm, waiting for space and direct goes for a space opening pass. this season leo is not as direct as before, but thats nothing bad just not as spectacular in dribbling ways like the season before, let alone 2-3 years ago

FCB16

messi-ancelotti-plan-sini-sports-1457871001626.jpg

Former Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is enjoying a year out of work until he takes over from Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich at the end of the current season.

However, he’s not stopped thinking about football during his sabbatical. In fact, the Italian coach has been working on a plan to stop Lionel Messi the next time he crosses him on the football pitch. In an article published by Chinese media ‘Sina Sports’, Ancelotti explained the keys to stopping Messi, demonstrating his idea with a drawing.

STOP MESSI
"Man-marking him individually is very difficult, the person who marks him would have to perform at an extremely high level. The best way to stop him involves defending as a team team, taking care of the spaces between each line of the team and not allowing him to get on the ball. You need a high number of players in the middle of the pitch for this stop happen. That reduces Messi’s effect - he will have less of the ball and will create less danger."

PROBLEMS WITH THE PLAN
"We know that he likes to create space for himself by cutting in from the wings and running with the ball. But the problems is that Barça have other weapons in their armoury. If you pile all your attention on Messi, their other forwards will create danger. And when Messi is 100 percent fit, trying to stop him is impossible. It does not matter who the coach is or what strategy is used. His enormous talent makes it impossible to anticipate what he is going to do and when."

:messi::D

hardyboy

Rather than working on a plan of stopping Messi he should focus on Bundesliga. The way BVB are playing under Tuchel it would be difficult for Bayern to win the league under Carlo as he is a cup manager.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
look at the copa game against athletico at camp nou last season.
he took every oppurtunity to go forward and dribbled like crazy on the right wing.

nowadayys hes more calm, waiting for space and direct goes for a space opening pass. this season leo is not as direct as before, but thats nothing bad just not as spectacular in dribbling ways like the season before, let alone 2-3 years ago

Then again, that was a cup final. Messi doesn't need to do that in the games right now.

doublehh03

People have to trust Messi. He knows what he's doing. He won't be GOAT every game but he knows what he's doing.

Simply the best of all time by miles. Must see TV every single match that he plays.

NotInHere

People have to trust Messi. He knows what he's doing. He won't be GOAT every game but he knows what he's doing.

Simply the best of all time by miles. Must see TV every single match that he plays.
Kinda interesting, I wonder if older folks consider Messi the undisputed goat like many of us do or if they have Pele or Maradona at the top and consider Messi not truly great yet only because he is missing a wc.

There's been a handful of great players, some better at things than the others, has there ever been someone as consistent as Messi though?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I saw many videos of Maradonna and I'm having trouble seeing how he could be better than Messi, he's only equal (may be) in dribbling, not in goalscoring nor vision.

Messi IS the goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans