10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordLichtenstein

how do you know these things with yellow cards etc.?
do you have your own database.

respect for your knowledge
Yes, you could say that :)

These past few years I have spent countless hours putting together the most accurate Messi stats, but there are still alot of room for improvement.

LordLichtenstein

Do we know who the guys behind Messistats are? Because, I am finding mistakes left and right. It is almost as if they made these errors intentionally.

1. The site says 200 career assists, instead of 201. They haven't included Messi's assist to Riquelme against Qatar in 2005. (201 OPTA assists)

2. They have forgotten a yellow card he received against Racing Santander 22-1-2011, after his goal celebration.

3. They have wrongly given him a yellow card against Villarreal 24-01-08.

4. They have wrongly given him a yellow card against Valencia 27-02-08.

5. Games that reach penalty shoot-out counts as draws? wtf .. (e.g. Netherlands vs. Argentina during the world-cup in 2014, which reached penalty shoot-out and Argentina won, Messistats counts that game as a draw)

6. This is a minor one, but some of the dates of the games are wrong. (e.g. Argentina vs. Uruguay which was played 16-07-2011, Messistats says it was played 17-07-2011.)

7. They have forgotten to give Messi a yellow against Brazil 17-11-2010.

I intent to contact them, once i've gone through all of their stats.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

I am also finding quite a few mistakes on http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/

Last season when Barca played 0-0 against Getafe, they have that match as a 5-0 victory for Barca .. -___-

Probably just a typo... Remember he is collecting Messi stats.. might not care so much about the results.

By the way do you have stats on who every one of Messi's assist were to and all of the players who assisted Messi? If you go to that site he appears to show who all 200 assists were to and they seem quite accurate, it should be noted that he has the assist against Qatar but is still on 200, not sure which other one you have that he doesn't have.

Take a look under Messi's goals and look at the part where it says who assisted each of his 497 goals. Notice hot its only complete from his hat trick against Switzerland from the 2011/2012 season? It would be interesting to have a fully list compiled.

LordLichtenstein

Probably just a typo... Remember he is collecting Messi stats.. might not care so much about the results.

By the way do you have stats on who every one of Messi's assist were to and all of the players who assisted Messi? If you go to that site he appears to show who all 200 assists were to and they seem quite accurate, it should be noted that he has the assist against Qatar but is still on 200, not sure which other one you have that he doesn't have.

Take a look under Messi's goals and look at the part where it says who assisted each of his 497 goals. Notice hot its only complete from his hat trick against Switzerland from the 2011/2012 season? It would be interesting to have a fully list compiled.

I don't have much time, so i'll answer the rest of your questions later, but as for the 200 assists. Look at 27-01-2016 this season against Athletic Bilbao, Messi assisted Suárez, but he has forgotten that one, that should make it 201. :)

MMKa

I don't have much time, so i'll answer the rest of your questions later, but as for the 200 assists. Look at 27-01-2016 this season against Athletic Bilbao, Messi assisted Suárez, but he has forgotten that one, that should make it 201. :)

Thanks. Two excuses for the mistakes: 1) Livescore does not tell assists in Copa del rey. 2) Hopefully Barca wins today as a 3 month bday present... ;-)

Kerrybai

Thanks. Two excuses for the mistakes: 1) Livescore does not tell assists in Copa del rey. 2) Hopefully Barca wins today as a 3 month bday present... ;-)

Are you going to complete the goal list for Messi which shows who assisted his goals? I have completed the 2011/2012 season.

Also are you guys sure that Messi assists Riquelme against Qatar? I can't tell from the footage.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

Are you going to complete the goal list for Messi which shows who assisted his goals? I have completed the 2011/2012 season.

Also are you guys sure that Messi assists Riquelme against Qatar? I can't tell from the footage.
Messi was wearing nr. 18 in that game. :)

image.axd

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not his best game, which was kinda frustrating as I wanted a GOAT show tonight with his recent form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans