10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaugrana1987

well i respectfully desagree sir .. u cant possibly Watch a game from 2005 to 2012 and tell me messi runs the exact distance as nowadays .. he used to run at least like the average forward ( 9.5 km to 10 km ) .. those are not simply numbers .. coaches pay huge attention to them because they matter .. just go back with your memory to 2011 for example and you would be surprised at how many runs messi used to make behind the defenders for xavi and iniesta .. Off the ball runs !!

people get super defensive when it comes to messi and it's understandable , not only he's the goat, but our very goat !!! but to me if we are discussing football nobody is exempt .. and only god knows why messi has such a low stamina it could be related to some health thing .. we dont really know .. i know one thing for sure , it's not tactical and it's not optimal
Actually, yes I can tell you that. Last seasons CL campaign Messi ran more then when we won in 2011 (I posted stats last year, it was about 8.1km on avg and 8.3km). Today Messi was CLEARLY taking it easy, as were many players (including Rakitić and Iniesta) who generally run alot. We have a game in 3 days, and they knew the tie was finished. Had he scored that Neymar pass no one would even run entire game...

Lets take it easy, Messi knows how to pace himself.

F

Flavia

well i respectfully desagree sir .. u cant possibly Watch a game from 2005 to 2012 and tell me messi runs the exact distance as nowadays .. he used to run at least like the average forward ( 9.5 km to 10 km ) .. those are not simply numbers .. coaches pay huge attention to them because they matter .. just go back with your memory to 2011 for example and you would be surprised at how many runs messi used to make behind the defenders for xavi and iniesta .. Off the ball runs !!

people get super defensive when it comes to messi and it's understandable , not only he's the goat, but our very goat !!! but to me if we are discussing football nobody is exempt .. and only god knows why messi has such a low stamina it could be related to some health thing .. we dont really know .. i know one thing for sure , it's not tactical and it's not optimal

Running behind the defenders is really different to running a lot. I'm not defensive, it's just what it is. Messi paces himself thruout games. People complain about that for a long time, but that's not going to change. He puts in a extra shift when it's needed. Even helps defensively once in a blue moon, but he won't do that when there's no need to, like today. Barça was ahead by 2 goals at all times, and there's Villarreal Sunday. His role now it's a bit different to when he was playing false 9 as well. He's the one making the pass for neymar and suarez runs. But he still do that sometimes, like he did today for a neymar pass, but ospina saved it.

Yeah Flavia, sir, your excuses are transparent and without substance.

Messi is lazy and lacks stamina. The proof is today's game and is irrefutable.

:mathieu:

blaugrana1987

Who said he lost stamina? I said his stamina is not on the level for these types of games.
On level for what type of games? Just what the fuck are you people smoking? He was by far our best CL player last year, and he is looking to continue just that. He had some of the best 3 months of the year EVER, and was playing head and shoulders above everyone else ever since Asspanyol draw in January. We won 2-0 at London, with both goals from Leo, and we were leading 1-0 till 60th minute today. Why would he run more if he knows tie is

a)finished

and

b)we play Villareal this weekend and can literally kill Liga with a win?

You guys are nonsensical. Guy is literally best CL player ever and the one that scored half of the goals against Arsenal and he has no stamina for this level?

Catalan Fan

Fuck it, sell him.

And "if" Flavia edited the earlier posts regarding Messi n the classic "fuck off" reply..... then ban her too :coffee:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Sir Flavia pls. :neymar:

lEp0njWLrNYUU.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is not a stamina thing, it is mental. It is almost like a mood swing. Some games he is fully committed, some games he is not, or at least does not appear to be. There is no rhyme or reason. It is just how Messi plays. He has been like that for a long time. Some people don't like that and I understand.

raskolnikov

If Messi always ran less why do people only complain about it since 2014? Easy to proof though if we have some stats from pre 2013 important cl matches right?
I dont mind his style to be honest, but I do wonder why he lacks stamina. Is it because he plays so much, growth hormone therapy side effect,lazy genius or he doesnt lack it at all and just seems that way since he goes into energy saving mode (his stats would be way up in big games).
I also have this conspiracy theory since I was high one time that he is actually sick and hiding an ilness since 2013/14 when he constantly started vomiting and his performances dropped. And now on medication, needing to take things slow, coast on pure talent but its hidden for sponsors and to continue his carreer.

Anyway, pleased with the goal and energy saving mode performance tonight, 500th goal coming vs Real, just watch:p

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Guys you have it all wrong, it's not mental and he's certainly not lazy.
He just physically doesn't have the stamina to go all out, he was always like that.
Couple weeks ago I remember a camera shot on him around 70mins and he had his tongue out like a dog, heavy breathing and all, we were forced to run up and down that game a lot, he just has to pace himself or he will burn out.

Total-Football

this discussion is important .. because i personally believe that the distance coevered is prolly the sinlge most imprortant stat football has to offer .. the more ground you cover the less your opponent has the space to move the ball around .. the more your players run = the more the holder of the ball has pass possibilities .. it's really no rocket science .. running and physical effort is the very essence of Total football next to passing .. it's very strange of barcafans in particular to underestimate th importance of running .. the 7 second rule .. the move so i can see you .. create space behind the defenders .. all of those elments require some hardcore running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans