10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevoTeller

He was better under sabella. But Tata likely tells him to be like that. And involve Messi less too, as he once said when he was Barça's coach. Afa is filled with corrupt old fools.

True. But he still is a total, selfish idiot, because when you have Lionel Messi in your team, if you really are smart, you don't care about what some old fool tells you, but you try to involve him as much as possible, because then you know that victory for your side is coming.

No shot on target and he gets bashed for it...he's being played all wrong.

People bashing him didn't watch the game or, more easily, just don't know jack shit about football: Messi played as a midfileder yesterday, and he had a great game.
For smart people this would a Messi's merit, and not a negative aspect: the guy can be the best goalscorer in the world but, if needed, he can transform in a great midfielder...
This just shows how great he is.

NotInHere

lol who cares if Messi didn't have any shots on target, anyone who watched the game could tell you he played pretty well yesterday, he was pretty involved in the game despite argentina trying their best to not involve him

Once Argentina learns how to revolve the team around him that's when they will finally be better, aguero/di maria/ higuain all need to play for him and look for a final pass

RevoTeller

lol who cares if Messi didn't have any shots on target, anyone who watched the game could tell you he played pretty well yesterday, he was pretty involved in the game despite argentina trying their best to not involve him

Once Argentina learns how to revolve the team around him that's when they will finally be better, aguero/di maria/ higuain all need to play for him and look for a final pass

You are completely right.
However, I'm sure they'll never learn it.

- Aguero is overrated as hell, selfish and injury-prone

- Di Maria is a selfish headless chicken

- Higuain is a choker of first category.

I'm really waiting for Dybala.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He was pretty fucking good yesterday, that 1st half in particular was GOAT. It should be a crime punishable by death to utilize him like Tata does, though. Making him run all over the place like he's Pedro while Agüero is walking around up front. He was absolutely exhausted by the 60th minute mark. I was so fucking angry. Can't be described how much I hate Tata.

F

Flavia

You are completely right.
However, I'm sure they'll never learn it.

- Aguero is overrated as hell, selfish and injury-prone

- Di Maria is a selfish headless chicken

- Higuain is a choker of first category.

I'm really waiting for Dybala.

Don't hold your breath while waiting. Dybala is a sub for Patata.

blaugrana1987

He was great yesterday and there appears to be less and less Argentinians who think he is not playing well, on contrary. Most saw what we did as well, ADM, Kun and Lavezzi wasting chances that he created. Cannot make a simple 1-2, they are waste of space. Especially fat Aguero...

vlad

the truth is somewhere in the middle, it not that aguero, higuain, di maria, turn into average players when they play for national team. This argentina team does not have chemistry, also they appoint average coaches, but under sabella they played some nice tactical football, not attacking but stable in defence and deadly on counters. They also dont have real captain in the team, mascherano is boss but still they give captain badge to messi, and messi is not a type of player who will in for example WC final or Copa final when team is playing bad shout on his teammates and motivate them to do give all their best. Remember messi in wc final? yes higuain missed that big chance, but can we say for messi that he had great match? in most important time for his country? no, he was walking to much, had few dribbles and had half chance when he missed whole goal, did he played in goat mod in copa final last year? no, so its not that he give everything he can and rest just dont care, they dont have chemistry and winning mentality and messi is not exception when it comes to argentina national team.

Darko

Leo Messi failed to have a single shot on goal for the first time IN 117 GAMES for ARG.

It's a fucking disgrace, he's having to drop into a DM position to get the ball and be involved. Tata is ruining his career again, and twats like Di Maria who are the opposite of Neymar in regards to looking for Messi aren't helping either.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I think the problem is that their coaches are afraid to use the rest of the squad like water boys for messi.
Look at barca, all time great players like iniesta and xavi ran more than their share in order to cover for messi and let him do his thing and they didn't complain even once. Even when they could have won the ballon over him in 2010 they said nothing against messi winning it and just accepted his goatness.
Argentina lack a coach with the balls to say to di maria and aguero "if I see you walking again I'll drop you from the team, you should be running and pressing all the time, also pass the ball to messi all the time and he will find a way". I've lost count how many times someone like banega or pastore tried to dribble through 3 players and obviously lost the ball with messi standing by waiting for a pass, if someone did that in barca they would be transferred out instantly.
This is where messi would benefit from being a smug, douche leader, he's not one of the boys like he said time and time again, he's above them and he should demand the ball, not wait till they find the goodwill to pass it to him.
/rant over

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
The single silver lining i'm finding is that Olé and the comments in there are not trashing him, people actually saw what we saw, great first half, and not a single soul to play a 1-2 with.

El Flaco

Leo Messi failed to have a single shot on goal for the first time IN 117 GAMES for ARG.

gxaDeG3.jpg

F

Flavia

The single silver lining i'm finding is that Olé and the comments in there are not trashing him, people actually saw what we saw, great first half, and not a single soul to play a 1-2 with.

That's because argentina won. It'd be different had they lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans