10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

No idea what you are trying to say.

Will ask again - why did Messi not use the account in your opinion? Or do you think they are lying about this?

Yannik

No idea what you are trying to say.

Will ask again - why did Messi not use the account in your opinion? Or do you think they are lying about this?

His statement just came out:

[tw]717009473261477888[/tw]

They basically said it's an inactive company, never used, and that it comes from the old societary structure from the previous tax advisors they had.

My personal believe would be: They are actually lying about this (stating reasons in an earlier comment)
But they also acknowledge the existence of this company, so apparently they must indeed be part of that leak.

JamDav1982

My personal believe would be: They are actually lying about this (stating reasons in an earlier comment)
But they also acknowledge the existence of this company, so apparently they must indeed be part of that leak.

Who is denying there is a company?

So you think this was an account that was actively used to avoid paying tax and was used by Messi and his team?

So desperate for Messi to be guilty it is a farce.

Yannik

Who is denying there is a company?

Lufti was saying in an earlier comment that he doubts the legitimacy of those leaks.

So you think this was an account that was actively used to avoid paying tax and was used by Messi and his team?

Avoiding taxes isn't evading them.
Other than that, no I'm not desperate for it. I repeat, I have done my fair share of research on the leak and I've come to a conclusion that is now my opinion.
You did the same (I suppose) and what followed was you forming yours. The clash of both is what we call a discussion, not a farce. You don't need to act so offended about it and call me all sorts of adjectives, I haven't done the same to you either.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Lufti was saying in an earlier comment that he doubts the legitimacy of those leaks.

Avoiding taxes isn't evading them.
Other than that, no I'm not desperate for it. I repeat, I have done my fair share of research on the leak and I've come to a conclusion that is now my opinion.
You did the same (I suppose) and what followed was you forming yours. The clash of both is what we call a discussion, not a farce. You don't need to act so offended about it and call me all sorts of adjectives, I'm not doing the same to you either.

There is no real research on the leak needed. What research have you done that gives you that opinion?

You are basing Messi using that account on nothing at all. The leak doesnt say it was used.

To me the probability is they are telling the truth as nothing to be gained from lying.

What sucks is Messi & co again tried to avoid paying taxes, even if the company was never used. He might be innocent but he's definitely not clean.

About the panama papers, the data is extremely corroborated by... more data. Zero chance that anyone's name got planted there.

Last edited:

serghei

It's not clear at this moment that Messi himself tried to avoid paying taxes, that he acted on his own intent, or that he was advised by his accountants to buy that company. It is clear though that his name appeared in another scandal, and that's never a good thing.

I think Messi wouldn't do these things on his own. Someone must have told him it's safe, and it's legal, and convinced him to do some things that might have been illegal.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

What sucks is Messi & co again tried to avoid paying taxes, even if the company was never used. He might be innocent but he's definitely not clean.

About the panama papers, the data is extremely corroborated by... more data. Zero chance that anyone's name got planted there.

Not again. This company is related to their previous accounting advisor, who supposedly got them in trouble with Spain. The Messis have parted ways with them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Oh don't be so melodramatic.

You even said " he founded an offshore company in Panama...", is it not your intention to suggest rather explicitly that Messi himself was behind all of this and it was him who came up with all these schemes??

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Hope what Leo and his co. say is true.

If they never used it because they parted their way with the fools who were handling their money and just let it dangle in Panama, it's all okay. Means that the Messis might have finally learned their lessons.

Hope Leo gets this tax stuff all sorted near future. It'd benefit him a lot, and us.

Yannik

There is no real research on the leak needed.

There is ALWAYS research needed. Research is knowledge. You are collecting information, analyze them and make a conclusion. Research is an absolute must.
I have done research on the Panama Leaks, on Mossack Fonseca and about the way creating offshore companies work i.e. how you found them, what is needed i.e. signing, starting capital, authentic passport etc.
Signing simply a random paper isn't enough, there is a noticable amount of things you need to ensure before you can create an offshore company abroad, and let me just tell you: You will have a very hard time to make all that, without letting the person founding it know about it.

You are basing Messi using that account on nothing at all. The leak doesnt say it was used.

To me the probability is they are telling the truth as nothing to be gained from lying.

You're mixing stuff up. I have said from the first post until now that Messi is using offshore accounts to launder his earnings.
It was Messi saying that he founded it, but didn't use it, which I find heavily unplausible.
Of course they gain something, which is Time. The alternative would be admitting everything before the investigations have even started.

serghei

Not again. This company is related to their previous accounting advisor, who supposedly got them in trouble with Spain. The Messis have part ways with them.

It will affect his reputation though Flavia. He can't control that, and it doesn't matter the reasons. Most people won't search to find the details, they'll know Messi's name appeared in a tax-scandal regarding offshore accounts in Panama.

Not again. This company is related to their previous accounting advisor, who supposedly got them in trouble with Spain. The Messis have part ways with them.

The first reference to the company in Mossack Fonseca’s files came on June 13, 2013 - one day after Spanish prosecutors first filed tax fraud charges against Messi and his father. An email indicated that responsibility for handling the company’s paperwork was being transferred to Mossack Fonseca from another offshore corporate agent.

this is the part that bugs me.
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/...s-become-enmeshed-in-offshore-world-1.2595555

btw, don't know if already posted but
The Mossack Fonseca documents include the names of nearly 20 high-profile soccer players, past and present, representing some of the globe’s best-known professional football clubs, including Barcelona, Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans