10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I think you are mistaking the fine line that seperates a hypothesiis from a claim.
Hence why every single comment I write includes "I believe that", "I think that", "he might", "it appears more plausible to me that" etc.
It is not the same as what El Confidential or La Sexta are doing, which is simple character assassination and defamation by claiming 100% guilt and adding made up informations that were never included in the actual leak.

Fair enough.

bismp

12963865_1217848861568039_2573964055378911796_n.jpg

Mañana tenemos un partido importantísimo. Estamos preparándonos y totalmente concentrados para dar lo mejor de nosotros.

We've got a very important game tomorrow. We're getting ready and are fully focused on giving our all.

- LIO

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Luftstalag why don't you calm down a little bit, seems like you're attacking other users that just want to discuss the issue at hand. Messi and his father are not innocent as we have seen in the previous tax case. Yes he is the greatest player, doesn't make him the greatest citizen in the world. Offshore companies are daily business in wealth management, as soon as you are a UHNWI, i.e. ULTRA HIGH NET WORTH INDIVIDUAL, there are several ways to "optimize" taxes and invest money. Some countries have tougher tax regulations than others (e.g. Switzerland, Luxembourg and other havens have are much more relaxed ones than France, Germany etc.). The panama papers may be criticized (e.g. Putin's name is not once recorded in any of the documents but the news outlets present it as if Putin was the guy behind all the things, there are no US names, there are no German names, the news outlets write more carefully about US/German issues while writing heavily biased about Putin). However, Messi has a court case regarding his previous tax issue. If something like this comes up again, it is totally normal for anyone to assume there might be some wrong doings involved again. Even if he is not guilty this time, it is just normal.

Messi is not the first nor the last to be involved in these cases. Again, even if he is a god on the pitch, that doesn't make him a saint when it comes to money and taxes.

I am not attacking anyone for their views, I am simply pointing out it is absurd to ASSUME that he is guilty as soon as PP was made public without a shred of evidence.

Of course Messi is not the greatest citizen in the world, nobody has claimed that, but he should be innocent until proven guilty, like everyone else. He has NOT been convicted in the current court case against him and his father.

Mitchell1978

Hoping he hits 500 today. His record against Atletico recently has been excellent which makes it all the more surprising that he has struggled against Madrid.

At one time (13-14) he also struggled against Atletico, didn't score against them in 7 straight games, now he has scored against them in 5 of the last 6 (against Atletico's defence thats very good), so it happens, wouldn't worry about it to much.

bismp

At one time (13-14) he also struggled against Atletico, didn't score against them in 7 straight games, now he has scored against them in 5 of the last 6 (against Atletico's defence thats very good), so it happens, wouldn't worry about it to much.
Yeah,but the difference is that 6/7 games were during the Tata season :tata:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans