10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

Got it from ESPN In El Tridente we trust!

i
lmaooo

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
I didn't say his first touch wasn't really good. I said I don't think he had amongst the best first touches in history. That's not at all an insult. I totally agree with you that he often displays really great first touch. He does what you described on the wing with Alves really often. As I said, he often beats people with a magic first touch. And if you count one-touch passing as part of first touch, then obviously Messi is amazing at that. But I have also seen numerous times where a bad touches messes up a potential scoring opportunity for him. He also sometimes clearly wants to start dribbling at someone immediately, but his first touch forces him to run backwards a bit first to fetch the ball, which makes it much harder to beat his defender. For me, this sort of stuff takes him a rung below the players with the best first touch ever. But again, saying his first touch is a rung below a few guys like Zidane, Bergkamp, Maradona, and Ronaldinho is not an insult to him. I'd still rank him amongst the very best in the world right now in this, just not amongst the very best of all time.

umm... nope

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I had been dreaming someone should do this and low & behold, they did...A must listen

Would've liked to have heard even more commentators but Canal+ (French), Telecinco & Catalan commentators were my favorite...What's yours?

[youtube]bwawIS0-SYQ[/youtube]

Younes Lamrani

I had been dreaming someone should do this and low & behold, they did...A must listen

Would've liked to have heard even more commentators but Canal+ (French), Telecinco & Catalan commentators were my favorite...What's yours?

[youtube]bwawIS0-SYQ[/youtube]

i Saw the goal more than 50 times now and i simply cant get enough of it , the way he dribbled them makes you feel so blessed you live at his prime time .

The commentator in 4:20 is hillarious and i find him the second best after the brazilian one , and for my fav commentator , i'd love to hear it By issam Chawali even tho he's a big fan of Real but still the way he comments is so exciting !

lessthanjake

umm... nope

We are talking about an attribute that is nowhere near one of Messi's best qualities, and you are dismissively acting like it is stupid to say there are a few players in the entire history of the sport that are better at it? That seems a bit extreme to me. Sure, Messi is so good that he is absolutely amazing at things that aren't even his most important qualities. But, honestly, if he had first touch to the level of Bergkamp or Zidane, we'd all talk about it more than we do. Those guys had absolutely legendary first touch that even neutral fans went on and on about (and it's not like Berbatov where people just talk about it because the player doesn't have other super great qualities). Messi doesn't have to be the GOAT at literally everything...

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Yeah yeah, you keep criticizing Messi, even on the day of a CL final, we believe you're a fan :)

LordLichtenstein

We are talking about an attribute that is nowhere near one of Messi's best qualities, and you are dismissively acting like it is stupid to say there are a few players in the entire history of the sport that are better at it? That seems a bit extreme to me. Sure, Messi is so good that he is absolutely amazing at things that aren't even his most important qualities. But, honestly, if he had first touch to the level of Bergkamp or Zidane, we'd all talk about it more than we do. Those guys had absolutely legendary first touch that even neutral fans went on and on about (and it's not like Berbatov where people just talk about it because the player doesn't have other super great qualities). Messi doesn't have to be the GOAT at literally everything...
He isn't, but his first touch is.

LordLichtenstein

Paolo Maldini (ex-AC Milan): "Messi makes the difference. I think he reached and surpassed the level of Maradona."

I am interested in other comment from legends like Maldini, if you guys have some. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans