10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

It's disgusting to see people call Messi 'pathetic'.

Are you fucking kidding me? We're treble winners because of him and we're on solid course for the domestic double because of him. He has been the LEADER in our success.

Barca fans are spoiled beyond comprehension. It's sickening what you read on here.

People take messi for granted. It has always been like that.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Seems for some on this forum there are only two levels of performance for Messi: "GOAT Game!" or "FUCKING HORRIBLE" Need to keep better perspective and a higher level of rationality here. This kneejerking and running back and forth to extremes is ridiculous.

Just like in El Clasico these were not great performances by Messi, but to read the chat and this thread exploding with the "horrible" "garbage" "pathetic" and many other disgusting epithets is frankly very disturbing by so called Barcelona and Messi fans I would like to assume are knowledgeable about the game.

serghei

What? In every big game it was him who stepped up.
We would have lost to the semis if not for him.
This situation now just proves that messi is the sun of this team, the driving force, if he's not playing well no one else is.

No, it wasn't. Suarez was our best player in both City away and PSG away games for example. The Classico on Camp Nou was also decided by Suarez. Several players stepped up at the right time, sometimes it was Messi (Bayern, Bilbao), sometimes Suarez, and sometimes Neymar.

dakt

There has to be a reason for his bad performances. I'm just trying to figure out why he is so bad. Like I said, it's just a thought that I wanted to share with you guys.

Reason? Effort. It's quite simple. When you move more, you are harder to track, you also free up some space for other players, etc. What he's doing lately is trying these diagonal passes and couple of runs inside the box.
That is just not enough for big games.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For some reason he always sucks when there is some kind of tax problem - seriously, think about it. Previously he and his entourage blamed the media and said it was a witch hunt etc etc etc - but what it comes down to is him and his entourage fucking up, than we as a team have to suffer.

I'm not saying his problems might or might not affect him.

I'm only saying that whenever he doesn't play well for 2-3 games here, people go absolutely ballistic. It's simply illogical. Criticize him for his bad performances, whatever the reason is, but at least do so without sounding like a 8 year old kid whose parents gave him one chupa-chups instead of the two he wanted.

If Messi has a decent game vs Sociedad this weekend you'll start seeing the other extreme where people make it look like he just came home winning the CL on his own.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
No, it wasn't. Suarez was our best player in both City away and PSG away games for example. The Classico on Camp Nou was also decided by Suarez. Several players stepped up at the right time, sometimes it was Messi (Bayern), sometimes Suarez, and sometimes Neymar.

Well we disagree then.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
What? In every big game it was him who stepped up.
We would have lost to the semis if not for him.
This situation now just proves that messi is the sun of this team, the driving force, if he's not playing well no one else is.

Dude what? Messi was out for a couple of months and we did more than OK.
Nobody is taking away from Messi that he's been and still is the greatest footballer by a margin EVER. The undisputed GOAT! Everybody are allowed a bad game, Messi is allowed more than a bad game after all he's done for us. I also get the off pitch personal problems - it can be a divorce, somebody close dies etc. But its always the fucking taxes, I just don't get it?!

Alik

My comments are: He played with energy and certainly wasn't lazy, so it's not about being tired. That being said, it was a poor performance with failed dribbles and failed passes.

I already miss the crazy long balls he used to play just a couple of months ago. Can't wait until he moves back to RW.

Is this some next-level sarcasm I don't get?

I think so.

Chong Li

Seems like he's still a bit off due to that shitty FIFA break, but I'm sure he'll bounce back soon.

Hopefully with a hattrick at Anoeta.

Narto

So people can't say he had a bad game now? Doesn't mean you don't appreciate him, which would be ridiculous. Besides the adjectives aren't any better in the other threads.

Caramel

Some of you guys are going overboard.
Yes he is playing like shit atm, he was ABYSMAL today, for whatever reasons. But that doesn't mean you can disrespect the man who gave us his best years and is the biggest reason we've been winning all these trophies, the past 8 years or so.

Stand behind the legend of your club and give him support. Even if he plays like a one legged Peter Crouch and we lose, he's still the biggest reason we have 5 fucking champions leagues atm, and is the best player in the world, and has saved us several times JUST this season, so he doesn't deserve all this crap from some of you.

Let's sell him and see how Barca's gonna fare then :)
Go reflect on yourselves smh

Mitchell1978

No, it wasn't. Suarez was our best player in both City away and PSG away games for example. The Classico on Camp Nou was also decided by Suarez. Several players stepped up at the right time, sometimes it was Messi (Bayern, Bilbao), sometimes Suarez, and sometimes Neymar.

Suarez scored the goals in the first leg against City but Messi was comfortable the best player in both games against City and Bayern, Suarez (PSG first leg) and Neymar (PSG 2e leg) made the difference in the QF though thats true.

I

instinct

Seems for some on this forum there are only two levels of performance for Messi: "GOAT Game!" or "FUCKING HORRIBLE" Need to keep better perspective and a higher level of rationality here. This kneejerking and running back and forth to extremes is ridiculous.

Just like in El Clasico these were not great performances by Messi, but to read the chat and this thread exploding with the "horrible" "garbage" "pathetic" and many other disgusting epithets is frankly very disturbing by so called Barcelona and Messi fans I would like to assume are knowledgeable about the game.

How would you describe his recent performances then? If YOU are knowledgable about the game, you probably can give me a proper answer that goes beyond your usual fanboy bias.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm not saying his problems might or might not affect him.

I'm only saying that whenever he doesn't play well for 2-3 games here, people go absolutely ballistic. It's simply illogical. Criticize him for his bad performances, whatever the reason is, but at least do so without sounding like a 8 year old kid whose parents gave him one chupa-chups instead of the two he wanted.

Think really hard for a second - don't you think it's strange that he sucks every time there is a shitstorm in the media about his finances? This is not about chupa-chups or going ballistic, it's about not letting his first-world problems affect how he performs on the pitch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans