10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
so he's tired in all big match this year.

It's been two big games, both with just a couple of days between them and straight after the NT break. In 2016, he already won us the leg against Arsenal and the league game against Atletico and those are pretty much the only other big games we played. I guess you could count Sevilla too, but can you believe it?! He won us that game too!

Last edited:

dakt

It's because masche isn't the face of a global financial scandal.

You know, when I play football, quite often, I use it to forget about everything. I mean, it's almost impossible to play the game and think about my personal or business related problems.
Oh boy I would be so glad if someone would actually pay me for doing that...let alone pay me in millions.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
You know, when I play football, quite often, I use it to forget about everything. I mean, it's almost impossible to play the game and think about my personal or business related problems.
Oh boy I would be so glad if someone would actually pay me for doing that...let alone pay me in millions.

You do realise that not every person is an emotional copy of you right?
Messi played badly when his other tax scandal broke out as well, neymar had an off form patch last season for the same reason and now that he's patchy again guess what, it's the same time that the brazilian court has sentenced him to 52m.
If only they were like you huh?

Hardy

It's been two big games, both with just a couple of days between them and straight after the NT break. In 2016, he already won us the leg against Arsenal and the league game against Atletico and those are pretty much the only other big games we played. I guess you could count Sevilla too, but can you believe it?! He won us that game too!

Please, with Arsenal he scored two goal ok but performance is pretty much the same of yesterday or clasico, game vs Atletico in liga two months ago was better but non so much, it's not about scoring. Sevillia is not that great especially away but if you count the supercopa game i'm ok. I remember one and only great, really great game by Messi this season vs big teams and it's the second half at Calderon vs Atletico. Then some good games, some bed games but definitely not great games period. This Messi is not on the same level of last season

Total-Football

so he's tired in all big match this year, funny because i knew that he save his legs for the most important games :tata:

people fail to understand that the saving himself for X game is a myth .. maybe because we love Messi so much we created this funny ass myth ..
i remember people saying this in 2013 .. he was saving himself for the world cup .. and against Nigeria he run almost as Neur lmfao ..
i'm being harsh on messi because i love the guy .. no homo of course

NotInHere

He played horrible overall, only had a few great moments, certainly did not look like the same leo that got in the game in the second half and completely hammered atletico the last time he played them.

We were all expecting a vintage Leo, but only got the bootleg version:lol:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We were all expecting a vintage Leo...
I would say very few of us expected that with the Panama case being the headline in every newspaper. Think most people know by now that Messi is a very emotional person that is easily distracted by off-field issues. Much like Neymar, James etc.

NotInHere

I would say very few of us expected that with the Panama case being the headline in every newspaper. Think most people know by now that Messi is a very emotional person that is easily distracted by off-field issues. Much like Neymar, James etc.
Hopefully that Panama thing doesn't linger on for him for the remaining of the season, and I never thought off the field distractions had that much of an impact on him, but now I know they are and it's sad, hopefully he gets it together

hardyboy

CfXxuVrWAAAZ5xU.jpg

Mitchell1978

people fail to understand that the saving himself for X game is a myth .. maybe because we love Messi so much we created this funny ass myth ..
i remember people saying this in 2013 .. he was saving himself for the world cup .. and against Nigeria he run almost as Neur lmfao ..

Again with the running? Thats your argument for everything. Btw against Nigeria he only played 60 minutes. Don't know what his current CL-average is but in 10-11 and last year it was around 8,5 km per game wich is perfectly normal for him and has been his average for years.

Mitchell1978

Or may be he's just bad because he keeps playing at CM while he cant do squat from there

Thats the problem right now, he keeps dropping way to deep, Messi is at his best in the final third scoring and creating so no need for him to go and collect the ball deep in midfield all the time. From that position its almost impossible to scrore or create clear-cut chances.

Ritchie

He does save himself for big games. It doesn't mean that he can't have a bad game, or games where it doesn't quite happen. He was desperately trying to get involved in the game yesterday to the point where he was too deep to effect the game or would just run into a wall of Atleti players. When he did get in and around the area he nearly scored a great overhead kick, hit one just wide in the first half, forced the keeper into a good save, helped create the second goal, could have got a Penaldo. That's while not playing well.

Atleti are probably the best defence in football as well. We can't all draw bloody Wolfsburg at this stage of the CL.

Last edited:

lmcr17

panama isn't on his mind stop fucking making that dumb excuse. also why do you guys always assume he's tired every single game.
messi in the middle complaints i agreed with against madrid but in this game im not so sure its actually only when we were with 10 men that he started going there exclusively
and it really helped us keep up the pressure, he still goes to the right when we're about to counter. when we need to press like in 2nd half messi has to be in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans