10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalan Fan

What the fuck is this ageist bias? Tell me mate, are you also a Bravo fanboy?

It's just the impression I get with some of the comments on here. Messi is either either great or shit. So I assume that the people typing them are young and dumb, because he CAN have the odd bad game now and then, but it doesn't mean he's rubbish does it ?

Am not a fanboy of any Barca player, although I think you calling me a "fanboy" speaks volumes in itself.......

Neymessi

Logically and optimistically, he is probably just a little bit tired atm. None of MSN look sharp and I like to believe its the fifa virus. How can a trio running riot just weeks ago turn into this all of a sudden? We will bounce back.

JPM85

We should really start resting MSN more in the matches after Valencia.
Depor, Gijon & Betis are ideal teams to give them some time off, maybe even thinking about Valencia home.

Just play them in the semi-final matches (if we reach them), so they are well back in form for CdR final and final 3 matches of CL.
Liga is ours if we win Sunday, so time to rotate and get Rafinha, Munir & Arda some playing time in the front row.

BBZ8800

Ok, a question with less enthusiasm:
1. Messi played in the middle against Real, and we lost and looked horrible in attack
2. Messi started a match against Atletico in the middle, and we were losing 0:1 and looked horrible and toothless in the attack

It seems that a majority of fans here forgot that we won against a 10 men and that a match was totally different after a red card.
So, yes, Messi stepped up in the 2nd half when we attacked with 10 players around their box and when a middle was less crowded with 2 lines of a wall, than in the 1st half with 11 vs 11.

The real question and concern for me is: "what would have happened in 11 vs 11 and with Messi as a f***ing false 9, Amc, Rcm, Cdm and Rb where he played majority of yesterday's match?"

After a Classico, some people replied that Messi played in the middle:
1. either because he was tired from a long trip
2. either because it was a tactical trick so that he isn't paired with Marcelo when Marcelo attacks
3. either because Messi sometimes "feels" during matches that it is better to move into the middle because he can influence the matches more

Well, as I have wrote a few days ago, if he goes into the middle, he will have more touches, more passes and more dribble attempts (through a crowded middle and through 4 opponents, lol :facepalm:) but our whole team will suffer more.
When he is on a RW, he will have less touches, but a team in general will play better and have more room on other places (Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, Rakitic, Alves in particular).

So, let's forget a 2nd half from yesterday because, as said before, him in the middle WORKS against Bolivia and Spanish midtable teams.
Or like yesterday, when we play 11 vs 10 at Camp Nou.

But again, what bothers me is: if we will go to semis and to a final, it seems that Messi will start matches in the middle again.
We will need either an insane amount of luck, or insane goals from Neymar and Suarez, or Uefalona help from referees to get penalties or red card for our opponents.

1. it is clear that we struggle in this new stupid system with Messi as a false 9, Cm or at Xavi's position (against big teams)
2. and it is clear that for some reason either Lucho or Messi himself have changed our winning formation/tactics from 2015 and 2016 to this system

So, we have these options:
1. return to Messi at a RW (but Lucho or Messi aren't realizing this for now)
2. play this way and pray to football Gods and to referees to help us win matches inspite of Messi at central positions
3. play this way and get knocked out in semis or final from Bayern or Real when Lucho will again play Messi on this new, "phenomenal" position and when they will wonder what went wrong and why we were sterile, toothless and tired in the key moment of the season

Messi played with Argentina on Xavi's position, and now against Real and Atletico.
That is a longest streak of matches on that position in the last 2 years.

So, let's make a bet:
= Messi will again play on this stupid Cm-Amc position even on weekend.

This is our (or his) "new thing" :shakeshead:

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I think he is just tired. It explains his lack of stamina. Dropping back to be more involved and going centre.
The solution is clear, gove him some rest and sent him to italy. We need him in perfect condition on the right for the end of the season.

Messi983

And he has played almost every single minute since he came back. Not to mention that defenses always play hard against him. Maybe he's carrying some small injury that bothers him. Or maybe he's just a bit out of form currently. It can happen to anyone. But I'm confident he'll be back to (close to) his best form very soon. And the whole team will also raise when his performances will go up.

amircule

Anyone else notice he always goes on a bit of a goal drought when he is about to get a landmark goal. Then he just pulls something magic out of the hat

*Yes and then he breaks the records with a hattrick. The last one was Telmo Zara's record.

Kerrybai

I don't think its fair to expect Messi to destory a team who has 2 players constantly running out to mark him. In the end his presence on the pitch opened up space for Alves. He also had some nice runs and was unlucky not to score. We won 2-1 vs the 2nd defence in Europe of the 21st century. That's 7/7 against a team that is unbeatable for most. I'm celebrating and I couldn't be happier with our players right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans