10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBarcaBoy

I still find it amazing after all these years, titles and goals that people doubt messi and throw such unbelievable rubbish at him. Several games below his impossibly high standards and the hysteria is ridiculous.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He will be more and more tired in April 2017, April 2018, April 2019, April 2020 than he is now, because he will be older and older.
And he is dead tired currently already, lol.

"MSN can never get benched" finally takes it's toll.
Let's hope that we will somehow survive CL's match and reach the semis.

And seriously, what idiot in our coaching stuff decided that it would be a good idea to shift our play back to the middle, like in pre-Lucho's era.
Currently, I would rather see our team with Messi on the bench than with Messi in the middle.

With Messi on the bench (without Messi in the middle), maybe we would get some balance and we would go back to our usual winning tactics and playing more direct and on wings.

Against Atletico on Wednesday, what? Will he again play in the middle?
Oh boy...

A lot of people think or thought he could be playing well into his 30's still at this very high level but I am not sure, to your point. His physical shape will not get any better as he ages, it will only get worse. And this happens even when he is walking a lot to conserve his energy. I wonder, two seasons from now, will he be a pure striker or an attacking midfielder? I think both roles have some limitations that might not fit with Messi's portfolio.

As far as the team is concerned, we need to start thinking about how to better prepare for the time when his impact wanes.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I still find it amazing after all these years, titles and goals that people doubt messi and throw such unbelievable rubbish at him. Several games below his impossibly high standards and the hysteria is ridiculous.

Doubting and criticizing are two different things. He is been criticizing for playing bad and rightfully so. If somebody says sell him he is useless that is Bs but this type of criticism is applicable to even messi. It is not like he doesn't get any credit for barca victory. It works both ways. A brilliant display he will be hailed as GOAT again. That is how it has always been. It was much worse during the world cup year.

serghei

When he is not making the difference on the ball, his off the ball workrate makes him a liability, that's 100% true. The thing is he does usually make the difference on the ball, that is why we can't really complain overall. But we can criticize him for playing some horrible games lately.

Hardy

one thing that really hurts me is that Messi basically don't try anymore to dribbles and past men except when he has the space. When you have this team that park bus all these sloppy pass are inefficient and too much easy to intercept. Obviously with less space it's more difficult i knew but Messi don't try never.

BigBarcaBoy

Doubting and criticizing are two different things. He is been criticizing for playing bad and rightfully so. If somebody says sell him he is useless that is Bs but this type of criticism is applicable to even messi. It is not like he doesn't get any credit for barca victory. It works both ways. A brilliant display he will be hailed as GOAT again. That is how it has always been. It was much worse during the world cup year.

some of the criticism is ridiculous, no one should be immune from ot if they play badly, it's when it gets personal or when people say he isn't interested or doesn't care. I am sure most clubs in the world would love a Liability like him.

ebc_99

He doesn't seem to put much effort in and hasn't for a few years but is still easily the top performer anyway. Posters on this board said he was in decline 2 years ago and were wrong, the lesson is that you should never doubt Messi. Right now he is out of form but he can switch it on quicker than any player I have seen and I expect him to be on it on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans