10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas

the deeper he goes the more i miss his false 9 days .. the idea of playing messi in midfield cause trouble to our midfield once we loose the ball .. and when messi plays as a false 9 he can rest all he wants and still be dangerous , all of that is just talk now that we have bought suarez sice he ll always occupy the 9
Sell suarez, buy coman :troll:

the deeper he goes the more i miss his false 9 days .. the idea of playing messi in midfield cause trouble to our midfield once we loose the ball .. and when messi plays as a false 9 he can rest all he wants and still be dangerous , all of that is just talk now that we have bought suarez sice he ll always occupy the 9

The false 9 was figured out years ago. Remember how easily decent teams were able to shut us down from the end of 2012 up until Lucho moved Messi to RW and put Suarez in the center?

BarneyR10

Lucho is a nothing special of a coach. In fact i do believe he should be replaced. He should be happy MSN were able to link up and get the treble... tactically he hasn't done shit. We need a real coach he isn't PEP

Butaan4barca

Lucho is a nothing special of a coach. In fact i do believe he should be replaced. He should be happy MSN were able to link up and get the treble... tactically he hasn't done shit. We need a real coach he isn't PEP

remember 7-0 aggregate loss vs byern. ??? players can't do a thing without a coach in those top matches. luch has won enough to deserve the respect.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
remember 7-0 aggregate loss vs byern. ??? players can't do a thing without a coach in those top matches. luch has won enough to deserve the respect.

Nah, lucho is another rijkaard.
Do you know where he is these days? Exactly.

Not to mention that during that bayern tie, messi, busi and puyol were all injured and Tito had just being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Apples and oranges.

Butaan4barca

false 9 = dropping in midfield , or moving to right or left, back and forth. Basically surprising opponents, especially as a counter tactic to messi man markings. It was indeed mourinho, if i remember it right, i think who created a solution, which might have worked on couple of occasion but in majority that was a failure too.

instead of Central defenders marking messi in his tradition 9 role, when he started to drop deep, Defenders followed with him on occasions, hence creating space for others. But most importantly it meant messi himself was receiving at lot more of the ball. Leading to much more plays created by messi for himself to end, we all saw those.

At that time mourinho played pep (central defender) in the defensive mid position, only to man mark messi, that meant 1. Central defenders don't have to move from their positions, 2. Messi has a comapany, someone sticking like a shadow to make things difficult. And then team started to follow this trend by playing 1 or two players doing just that. It surely didn't work all the time but what it meant that teams then knew what was happening.

I think messi dropping deeper in the midfield isn't particularly a bad idea. 1. he can see a lot more ball, 2. create his own plays, for his teammates and himself. 3. he is free to move forward, right, left. But basically deeper means player man marking him has to come off a lot out of position, creating a big whole between opposition's midfield players and defense line (on left,, right ,center).

This space is there to be exploited. Its not lucho fault if suares didn't score a simple tap in or neymar missed simple opportunities which ballon de or wanna bees shouldn't miss.
Had we taken those opportunities in first leg against athletico , things would have been different.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

Nah, lucho is another rijkaard.
Do you know where he is these days? Exactly.

Not to mention that during that bayern tie, messi, busi and puyol were all injured and Tito had just being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Apples and oranges.

A coach can just create setups so the players can find themselves in the final third with the ball, and doing it more often in a single match is another dimension to successful match strategy. i.e something leading to amount of created chances. A coach can't get on the pitch himself and score goals and win matches doing so.

CatalinR10

you can't compare Lucho and Tito since Tito never got the be in charge even a full season with Barca but I do remember that Barca being waay to dependent on Messi. Wasn't that the season he scored in 22 games consecutively ?

FinBarcelonafan

you can't compare Lucho and Tito since Tito never got the be in charge even a full season with Barca but I do remember that Barca being waay to dependent on Messi. Wasn't that the season he scored in 22 games consecutively ?

Back then Bayern just had superior team to us. Even with healthy roster I think Bayern would have been huge favourite. We got demolished by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans