10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtroverto

If he doesn't have the legs and lungs to support him, he can have all the intelligence in the world without being able to do much on the field.

Of course age is not definitive enough when we are talking about physical strength, but people vary a lot. You have the likes of Luis Enrique who can run a marathon in their 40's and 50's but you also have young men in their 20's who can't. Certainly training plays a part but some folks are just physically stronger than others.

Averaging 8 km per match, anyone can do, even smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day. Chain smoker Johan Cruyff won the double as a regular with Feynoord 37 years old, and he hardly moved on the pitch still being the best player in the league because he was the smartest.

It is all about being quick in the brain, Messi is 3 steps ahead on any opponent, he will still dominate at 40 years old even jumping around the pitch on one foot.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Averaging 8 km per match, anyone can do, even smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day. Chain smoker Johan Cruyff won the double as a regular with Feynoord 37 years old, and he hardly moved on the pitch still being the best player in the league because he was the smartest.

It is all about being quick in the brain, Messi is 3 steps ahead on any opponent, he will still dominate at 40 years old even jumping around the pitch on one foot.

I certainly hope you are right, but I still have my doubts about whether Messi will be able to sustain this level for that long.

NotInHere

Ibrahimovic at 35 is having the best season of his entire career, people are to obsessed with age, 30 is no age anymore for a goalscorer. As long as Ronaldo is breathing down his neck, I have no doubt Messi will keep pushing himself to the limits, just look at his rection after Ronaldo winning 2015 gold ball, messi went into overdrive.
ibra also goes missing in big games nowadays, he has clearly lost a step despite what his goals say. I actuslly cringe thinking what will messi look like past 30, sometimes he looks passive as hell for someone his age. Compare current Messi to this beast one

[youtube]at4iD3zVaqo[/youtube]

dakt

There you go, somebody give a little fella a pack of smokes.

raskolnikov

They just need to get Messi in shape so he can go all out in big games, he can do is usual walk without the ball in all other games. Maybe get him to rest every now and then or be subbed of.
Griezman gets subbed every game and you dont see him whining about it like our frint three.

Ritchie

ibra also goes missing in big games nowadays, he has clearly lost a step despite what his goals say. I actuslly cringe thinking what will messi look like past 30, sometimes he looks passive as hell for someone his age. Compare current Messi to this beast one

[youtube]at4iD3zVaqo[/youtube]

Iba's never turned up for the later CL rounds all his career. Who could forget the Inter game where he stood like a statue in 2010 and he came off so Pique could go up front and offer more.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They just need to get Messi in shape so he can go all out in big games, he can do is usual walk without the ball in all other games. Maybe get him to rest every now and then or be subbed of.
Griezman gets subbed every game and you dont see him whining about it like our frint three.

Even when standing he is more useful than any other player we have but I do agree that it won't do against top teams.
Lucho needs to rest MSN more this next season and instill the gunger back in the squad.

ini4ever

Yay some beard again, I hope he keeps them, reminds me of his 2011-12 season , the best individually one ( technically ) he had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans