10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripsta

Messi needs to win the Copa now, that'll give him the sixth Ballon d'Or, or if Suarez can recover from his injury quick enough and Uruguay win it then he'll get his first.

Ronaldo does NOT deserve a fourth Ballon d'Or.

Zidane121

Banned
100% not happening. Not worried in the slightest after this performance.

Ballon D'ors are not won over one performance, it's over the season/year, ronaldo scored 16 goals in the CL 1 away from his own record, and 50 goals for the season. Usually the team that win the CL also have the ballon d'or winner for that year. Can't see messi winning it this year, if it's not CR7 it might be suarez, doubt it though. Also CR7 will be playing in the Euro's too, I don't see Arg winning the copa. Like I said Messi is still not that old, he can try win it again for 2017.

Last edited:

doublehh03

Ballon D'ors are not won over one performance, it's over the season/year, ronaldo scored 16 goals in the CL 1 away from his own record, and 50 goals for the season. Usually the team that win the CL also have the ballon d'or winner for that year. Can't see messi winning it this year, if it's not CR7 it might be suarez, doubt it though.

Yes, but he hasn't been top 5 this year. Just b/c his team won a CL you can't even make a claim he will win. He's not the leading goal scorer, and he has had many stretches of poor play.

Ronaldo won't even be in the top 3 unless he has a spectacular Euros.

Suarez has the lead this year so far (most goals and assists) plus 2 trophies. Messi is 2nd. Nobody else is even close.

Messi will win easily if he has a superb Copa.

Last edited:
sucks in them. He doesn't deserve it. He won 1 title, Messi and Suarez 2. Messi was the best striker, judged by the european football coproration or whatever it's call sorry I forgot. But he is a playmaker, Ronaldo just a striker. He isn't fair play. That should count no?Voters have to keep in mind the performances in the BIG matchs. CR sucks in them.
Messi is a playmaker also a striker, cr7 just a striker;
Furthermore, his performance in the final will be remember as awful.
Leo HAS to win the Copa. I hope he stay injury free and that Di Maria pass him the ball and doesn't get injured again and again!

Higuain, please, go away.

Hardy

Messi needs to win copa possibly with at least 4-5 goals or winning goal in the final but i don't se this happened, this argentina is disgusting.

Zidane121

Banned
Messi needs to win copa possibly with at least 4-5 goals or winning goal in the final but i don't se this happened, this argentina is disgusting.

Yes if this happens and they win the Copa then Messi will win the Ballon D'or, but we all seen what happened in last 2 big finals, so it's unlikely Arg will win it. Messi also didn't play amazing in last year's CL final if people remember, he didn't score either, and still won the Ballon D'or, it's going to be interesting this years Ballon D'or it's not clear cut, but I think CR7 takes it.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Ronaldo will win it and I have already prepared myself for this for a while now since Atletico beat Bayern. Only thing that can change it is if Messi goes GOAT at the Copa America in front of a massive, massive American crowd with some serious media coverage. Problem is that Messi is even more of a playmaker for his NT than at Barca and he won't score many goals. So it will really take some magic to turn this around.

ebc_99

Messi was great in last year's final, Ronaldo was Terrible tonight. If Ronaldo does win it then it will lose the little credibility it has once and for all.

Zidane121

Banned
Ronaldo will win it and I have already prepared myself for that for a while now since Atletico beat Bayern. Only thing that can change it is if Messi goes GOAT at the Copa America in front of a massive, massive American crowd with some serious media coverage. Problem is that Messi is even more of a playmaker for his NT than at Barca and he won't score many goals. So it will really take some magic to turn this around.

Yup good post.

Zidane121

Banned
Think back to 2014, Ronaldo didn't play well in that final either but still won the Ballon D'or coz he had 17 goals, 16 goals this CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans