10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batistuta9

Well Lavezzi's out of the final with an injury, and Higuain always fails in finals, so it's going to be a big task on Messi.
I think di Maria might be fit for the final. He was supposed to be available for the game against USA but Tata decided against using him as the game was over after 50 mins.

Zidane121

Banned
lol just no!

Zidane might be top 20 or 30 FK taker not even close to top 10.

I would think Zico or Maradona might be able to take such FKs

Maybe you haven't seen Zidane take FK's and I'm not talking about whose the Top 10 or 20 FK takers. I just think Zidane would be someone that would be able to score a FK like this, given the style that he takes them with. Vs. England in Euro 2004 comes to mind.

LordLichtenstein

I am happy to announce, that Messi's assist stat in the category '90 Minutes' in the season of 2015-16, has been his best to date.

Though he has one more game to play this season, his stat can not fall lower than 0.4954(=0.50), no matter the outcome of the Copa final.
Should he assist in the final, then he would only add to his own personal record.

09dyCa2.jpg

What a player.

*EDIT

If the final goes into overtime and he doesn't assist his stat will fall to 0.4924(=0.49), meaning, that he would lose his record and instead tie his old record of 0.49 set in 2011-12 and 2014-15

Last edited:

Zidane121

Banned
Well Messi might be a bit worried now, Ronaldo turned it around and played well today, scored 2 and 1 assist. Portugal are through to the last 16 vs. Croatia.

Total-Football

Its the same ol story.. the diva is gonna threaten boycotting the ceremony.. and fifa will be compelled to give him the ballon d or.. messi is playing like a divine entity this copa

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Well Messi might be a bit worried now, Ronaldo turned it around and played well today, scored 2 and 1 assist. Portugal are through to the last 16 vs. Croatia.

Not really. Messi doesn't care, plus Penaldo already secured the Ballon d'Or when RM and Bale won him the CL. Nobody cares about it these days, anyway. Ever since that vote extension I laugh whenever I see the Ballon d'Or being mentioned.

GetIn

Haven't really kept up to date with football awards for the past couple years. Can someone please explain to me how Ronaldo won the Ballon D'or in 2013? If I recall correctly Messi won the Golden Boot along with La Liga, whereas Ronaldo went trophiless. Did he really win the whole thing based of a hat trick against Sweden in a WC playoff?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Haven't really kept up to date with football awards for the past couple years. Can someone please explain to me how Ronaldo won the Ballon D'or in 2013? If I recall correctly Messi won the Golden Boot along with La Liga, whereas Ronaldo went trophiless. Did he really win the whole thing based of a hat trick against Sweden in a WC playoff?

He won it after the voting was "coincindentally" reopened and extended right after that game. Biggest joke of a trophy ever and still so many take it seriously.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??

Blatter said in public that he prefers messi over cristiano, that was a bit before the awards.
Now we know that he's corrupted af, so if we take into account the unprecedented 2nd vote for the ballon, it's pretty obvious that he rigged the vote in favor or cristiano in order to not be questioned about it if messi won.

raskolnikov

Blatter said in public that he prefers messi over cristiano, that was a bit before the awards.
Now we know that he's corrupted af, so if we take into account the unprecedented 2nd vote for the ballon, it's pretty obvious that he rigged the vote in favor or cristiano in order to not be questioned about it if messi won.

What Blatter did wasnt actually that bad despite it being him being a senile idiot trying to be funny. Its Ronaldo and his pr team that forced him to rig the award.

NotInHere

Wasn't Ribery the runner up for the balon d'or that year? Then Cristiano scored that hattrick against Sweden and everyone thought he should be the winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans