10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

This. I fucking hate Maradona but I gotta agree with him when he said that Messi doesn't have the character of a captain. Masch was again the one who had the team discussion just like last Copa and WC.

Yea, it has nothing to do with talent, but with personality and attitude as a result of that personality. A leader leads by attitude first, and Messi's attitude is not exactly awe inspiring for his teammates.

F

Flavia

Messi sucks as captain plain and simple. Crying wont change shit now. He should have fucking went beserk at Agueros shoting and ADM heroics. He is always so fucking quite and just goes along...that is no way for a captain. Give it to masche!

And going beserk at them would help in what? Argentina's problems are deeper than that. Starting with Afa, and the coach. It's not like Masch doesn't scream at them, anyway.

Kohe321

I wonder if he will be the same player again after this. This will take a toll on him..

That is one thing I'm not worried about. People said the same after the WC loss, and that was a harder blow with that last minute goal from Gotze with Argentina having the best chances all game...

But yeah, this was a very harsh ending to the Copa America for Messi. Underserved, and the fact that most media will try to define his entire performance for the NT this summer with that one moment is very unfair. He has been good and dragged this team to yet another final. Argentina fans must not forget that without Messi, they would not be a finalist team at all. I feel [MENTION=10166]i_bleed_blaugrana[/MENTION] said it perfectly a few pages ago, and I agree - they are making a role for him where he either does everything perfectly, which they expect, or he has failed them. It's almost impossible for a situation like that to end well for anybody. He's only human, after all.

Last edited:

blaugrana1987

Captain doesn't mean shit, it's just somebody who picks heads or tails at the start of the match. The best leaders lead by example which Messi does brilliantly, barking orders at people is not the best way to lead.
You are wrong. Not saying Masche being captain would change a thing, but there is a reason why Xavi and Puyol were our captains.

likeafire

Football is a cruel game, which is why Ronaldo will win Euro 2016 and run around the pitch topless while holding the trophy. Messi is the unluckiest player ever, Higuain needs a slap, easy one on one chance and the thunder p***k misses. If higuain takes his easy chance, none of this shit happens, that bellend!

KingLeo10

relax with the hindsight bias on messi's leadership people, the man still has 29 trophies for barcelona and has been a leader for us time and again in important games.

aaron101

Captain doesn't mean shit, it's just somebody who picks heads or tails at the start of the match. The best leaders lead by example which Messi does brilliantly, barking orders at people is not the best way to lead.

You got it all wrong. This is football not a classroom. You think Puyol was useless as captain too?

spark

People talking about effort can't have watched all 120 minutes. He ran with the ball even long after he had no more energy. Watch the game again and come back with that pre-drawn narrative.

blaugrana1987

And going beserk at them would help in what? Argentina's problems are deeper than that. Starting with Afa, and the coach. It's not like Masch doesn't scream at them, anyway.
What happens in 90 min of the football match has nothing to do with AFA, it didnt in last 3 finals for sure. When they are on it, they do it for themselves and their nation. Messi doesnt lead by example, he doesnt run and "bite" enough. Its true, Aguero sees him as his best mate and shots whenever he wants. He doesnt give a shit.

There is a reason why our capt were Puyol and Xavi. And why Zidane, Maradona, Totti etc. are looked upon as a leaders of their teams.

serghei

Anyway, Argentina didn't score in 360 mins in the last 3 finals. That's also a tactical problem imo. They created very few chances in the games vs Chile and the game vs Germany. When you choose that path, you give yourself a very tight margin of error. And all three times they were on the wrong side of that margin.

KingLeo10

some of the bayern forums are as happy if not happier than the real forums with messi's loss, quite a salty lot they are.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Fuck Messi this, Messi that. He is to blame for this pathetic performance as much as every single one of them! I couldn't care less about the missed penalty, that could happen to anyone. I am just fucking mad at watching this broken record of failed finals by this so called "big names" over and over again. Biggest NT chokers of all time! Fuck you all!! Don't even show your fucking faces in the media. Go to your reach holes and fucking die there!

NotInHere

Then he's not a leader, like Maradona said. He doesn't seem to want it more than his teammates, and if he does inside him, he certainly isn't showing it on the football pitch. Probably the player from Argentina who put the least amount of effort into this game from what I've seen.
you really think he didn't put effort today? everytime he touched the ball he looked to take on chiles defense, even creating several good vhances for his teammates.. Not his fault his team doesn't have a midfield, he gave it his all today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans