10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

Ahmm...Xavi and Puyol have NEVER been shy to tell other players to stop with bs right away. Neither was Maradona, Totti or Zidane.

I mean, if its arbitrary, lets put Neymar as our captain.

But telling players to stop bs doesn't make you a leader, how they played did though. Neymar is Brazil captain, it doesn't mean anything.

blaugrana1987

But telling players to stop bs doesn't make you a leader, how they played did though. Neymar is Brazil captain, it doesn't mean anything.
So why are we having captains and why are captains picked by our team at start of season? They could have gone for douglas since it doesnt even matter. It does, captain is a face of a team.

serghei

What do you exactly mean by "attitude"? Yelling at teammates? Pumping chest? Arguing with the ref every time your team commits a foul etc.?

I don't buy the "Messi doesn't want to win it" theory. He does.

I never said he doesn't want to win it. I said that if he does, he's not showing it with his attitude. He did absolutely 0 pressing. Allowed Chile to pass the ball to players that were 2-3 meters away from him because they saw Messi having no interest to make some extra meters to close that pass. He is a non-factor when off the ball. If you can't dominate your opponent like you are supposed -- given that you are Argentina -- I expect you to do more off the ball (both offensively and defensively).

ebc_99

So why are we having captains and why are captains picked by our team at start of season? They could have gone for douglas since it doesnt even matter. It does, captain is a face of a team.

Tradition, and it is seen as an honour. Spain pick the captain based on most caps for example it doesn't matter. People place far too much importance to it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Many teams simply just pick their best or most flashy player to be the captain these days, for example Ronaldo, Hazard, Neymar etc.

F

Flavia

Why is Iniesta and captain and Messi the 2nd captain, then? Busi the third. The only one who fits your definition is Masch, the 4th. And the players chose them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I never said he doesn't want to win it. I said that if he does, he's not showing it with his attitude. He did absolutely 0 pressing. Allowed Chile to pass the ball to players that were 2-3 meters away from him because they saw Messi having no interest to make some extra meters to close that pass. He is a non-factor when off the ball. If you can't dominate your opponent like you are supposed -- given that you are Argentina -- I expect you to do more off the ball (both offensively and defensively).

Yes, but he has been like that for ages. This is not new. This is how he plays. That has nothing to do with him being captain/leader or not.

Unless you are saying he should change that in important games, which I can't say that I disagree.

Barcilliant

Anyway, Argentina didn't score in 360 mins in the last 3 finals. That's also a tactical problem imo. They created very few chances in the games vs Chile and the game vs Germany. When you choose that path, you give yourself a very tight margin of error. And all three times they were on the wrong side of that margin.
You can blame Messi for the penalty miss but there is something wrong when Argentina cannot score with all that fire power. Tata is a shit coach and I don't see enough passion or effort from the other players bar Masch.

F

Flavia

I missed the 2nd half, but saw Messi pressing a bit more than his usual in the 1st. Argentina's tactics were inferior to chile too. I don't think it was a question of wanting more or not, as neither team actually dominated the other. Having higuain choking like he did also demoralizes and make players despair.

blaugrana1987

Cannot and will not defend him anymore. For his own good. The further this shit goes, the more Argentina public will turn on to him. He was good, but not great. His teammates took a shots they should nevee have taken for 5th straight year. Either someone is not communicating that problem to them (adm and aguero) or they just dont give a fuck.

They should be gone as soon as possible. Messi as well after 2018, this is horrible and the bad luck doesnt seem to be able to stop.

They still come into finals calculating when its that exact thing that costs them, pressure builds with each and every second more they dont score in final.

Btw get that fraud tata out of the god damn sight.

Total-Football

I usually criticize messi for the reasons [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] is saying ... but today messi lost because he's playing with monkeys point blank period. If Messi played with half the passion he showed today for the shirt we would have buttfucked atletico Madrid. From a defensive point of view he does nothing but that's since 2013. From an offensive point of view he did everything in the capacity of human being to lead the team to a fucking goal , those players are a disgrace , and they should be disgraced with them adulterating the image of the best player of all time .. fucking clowns .. i missed the dinner and the pre-fasting meal to Watch these fucking brainless monkeys just for them to damage my nerves. Messi should just retire .. no sense whatsover to play with those clowns ( bar mascherano )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans