10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublehh03

He has won everything with Barca, but nothing with ARG. I think that's the only thing that keeps him going to play at the highest level. If he had won with ARG, he might just slow down. Seeing his reaction Messi is going to come back stronger than ever next season. And then the WC in 2018.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fuck Messi this, Messi that. He is to blame for this pathetic performance as much as every single one of them! I couldn't care less about the missed penalty, that could happen to anyone. I am just fucking mad at watching this broken record of failed finals by this so called "big names" over and over again. Biggest NT chokers of all time! Fuck you all!! Don't even show your fucking faces in the media. Go to your reach holes and fucking die there!

This generation is over.

Time for Tata and half of this squad to say goodbye to the NT.

blaugrana1987

Fuck Messi this, Messi that. He is to blame for this pathetic performance as much as every single one of them! I couldn't care less about the missed penalty, that could happen to anyone. I am just fucking mad at watching this broken record of failed finals by this so called "big names" over and over again. Biggest NT chokers of all time! Fuck you all!! Don't even show your fucking faces in the media. Go to your reach holes and fucking die there!

:(

Its true though. Pathetic team and pathetic attitude (from midfield on up).

Everyone wants to be a hero, very little creativity bar messi and no teamwork with a ball. Higuain is also biggest choker ever. Lucky him its all going on Messis back now for few months...

Kohe321

Anyway, good thing this is only football. He will get this loss behind him as soon as the truly important things in life show themselves again.

Hopefully he will be back stronger and better for Barca next season.

I see Pitbull is now performing in the stadium, which I will take as a clear sign of it being time to switch off and go to bed. Have a good night folks. :)

ebc_99

Captain's are just a traditional thing, players don't suddenly start acting differently because they have an armband on. Xavi and Puyol were great players and leaders because of what they did not for what they said.

F

Flavia

What happens in 90 min of the football match has nothing to do with AFA, it didnt in last 3 finals for sure. When they are on it, they do it for themselves and their nation. Messi doesnt lead by example, he doesnt run and "bite" enough. Its true, Aguero sees him as his best mate and shots whenever he wants. He doesnt give a shit.

There is a reason why our capt were Puyol and Xavi. And why Zidane, Maradona, Totti etc. are looked upon as a leaders of their teams.

What happens on the pitch has everything to do with AFA. They appointed Tata. Tata is a bad coach. He didn't call dybala, didn't call correa, but kept insisting with higuain and aguero. And the director from afa trying to destabilize the team today, what was that, then? Many players lead by example, players don't just look at the captain, but all the senior players. And the mess going on with afa got to the players so much, even Messi complained on social media this week. Argentina's problems are many, and all of those influence the outcome we see in the pitch. The same happened with brazil and cbf for the 2014 wc.

Argentina couldn't score in 2 finals going into ET with Tata. Guy is clueless. I really doubt that would had happen if AFA had appointed a good coach instead of him.

aaron101

Leo Messi's MAJOR FINALS RECORD:
2007 Copa America final: 90 mins, 0 goals
2014 World Cup final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2015 Copa America final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2016 Copa100 final: 120 mins, 0 goals
4 finals. 4 losses. 0 goals.

serghei

you really think he didn't put effort today? everytime he touched the ball he looked to take on chiles defense, even creating several good vhances for his teammates.. Not his fault his team doesn't have a midfield, he gave it his all today

He didn't. Off the ball movement was pretty bad. You can't play as a Xavi and move 50% less than Xavi did. No matter how good you are. Xavi ran an average of 11-12 km in the tough games. Messi is lucky to reach 8-9 kms. That difference is pretty big at this level. The area where he is being played now requires a lot of workrate, he doesn't do enough of it to play there imo. He should remain a RW for as long as his legs are fresh imo. A lot of times he could have moved right, left or forward to open himself up for his teammates, but he stood still and let them find a way to pass him the ball. Biglia is no Xavi or Iniesta, you can't expect him to find you with passes in those tight areas. You have to move more and give him clearer passing solutions. Poor off the ball movement is why he's failing with Argentina in big games, and Chile are a big enough team to exploit that weakness in his game pretty effectively I'd say.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
This argentina will forever be remembered to lose 3 major finals in 3 years a team full of chokers. They did not a score a single goal with the attaching talent they have. Unbelievable.

KingLeo10

Leo Messi's MAJOR FINALS RECORD:
2007 Copa America final: 90 mins, 0 goals
2014 World Cup final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2015 Copa America final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2016 Copa100 final: 120 mins, 0 goals
4 finals. 4 losses. 0 goals.

how about you post his barcelona record as well.

blaugrana1987

Captain's are just a traditional thing, players don't suddenly start acting differently because they have an armband on. Xavi and Puyol were great players and leaders because of what they did not for what they said.
Ahmm...Xavi and Puyol have NEVER been shy to tell other players to stop with bs right away. Neither was Maradona, Totti or Zidane.

I mean, if its arbitrary, lets put Neymar as our captain.

spark

you really think he didn't put effort today? everytime he touched the ball he looked to take on chiles defense, even creating several good vhances for his teammates.. Not his fault his team doesn't have a midfield, he gave it his all today

Exactly. He was even pressuring more than Aguero who was fresh off the bench and people going on about effort.

F

Flavia

Anyway, Argentina didn't score in 360 mins in the last 3 finals. That's also a tactical problem imo. They created very few chances in the games vs Chile and the game vs Germany. When you choose that path, you give yourself a very tight margin of error. And all three times they were on the wrong side of that margin.

Of course they have a big tactical problem. He sits on the bench, answers by Tata. He's a terrible coach. AFA doomed the nt when they appointed him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yea, it has nothing to do with talent, but with personality and attitude as a result of that personality. A leader leads by attitude first, and Messi's attitude is not exactly awe inspiring for his teammates.

What do you exactly mean by "attitude"? Yelling at teammates? Pumping chest? Arguing with the ref every time your team commits a foul etc.?

I don't buy the "Messi doesn't want to win it" theory. He does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans