Messi's penalty miss vs. Chile

[gfy]ExemplaryOrderlyIndianjackal[/gfy]

[gfy]FriendlyFaithfulBorer[/gfy]

Messi receives a yellow card v Chile for diving in the box

[gfy]UnpleasantGiftedKilldeer[/gfy]

[gfy]HighlevelGrimyEmperorshrimp[/gfy]

[gfy]ElectricOblongAltiplanochinchillamouse[/gfy]

NotInHere

He didn't. Off the ball movement was pretty bad. You can't play as a Xavi and move 50% less than Xavi did. No matter how good you are. Xavi ran an average of 11-12 km in the tough games. Messi is lucky to reach 8-9 kms. That difference is pretty big at this level. The area where he is being played now requires a lot of workrate, he doesn't do enough of it to play there imo. He should remain a RW for as long as his legs are fresh imo. A lot of times he could have moved right, left or forward to open himself up for his teammates, but he stood still and let them find a way to pass him the ball. Biglia is no Xavi or Iniesta, you can't expect him to find you with passes in those tight areas. You have to move more and give him clearer passing solutions. Poor off the ball movement is why he's failing with Argentina in big games, and Chile are a big enough team to exploit that weakness in his game pretty effectively I'd say.
true he rarely got in good position to receive the ball, but throughout the match I felt like it was just a give it to messi and let him resolve the game by himself, he took it upon himself to at least dribble past people and try to create space for his teammates to run into.. Argentina didn't seem like a team.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Missed the Copa America 2004. 93rd minute Adriano equalizer then another Penalty shootout loss.

I didn't mention that because I stopped following that Argentina as long as Bielsa was at the helm. But yeah, add that to the never ending list of failure.

Total-Football

if it's true than my respect for messi has just increased .. fuck those clowns around him with NT. even tho it's just in the heat of the moment we all know he'll be playing for them again

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Lionel Messi: 'The national team is over for me.'
Messi: 'I'm taking this decision for me and for the many people who want this. I've tried so hard, but I'm leaving without managing it.'
Sergio Romero: 'I don't think he's thought about it properly ... I don't imagine a national team without Messi.'
Agüero: 'I've seen Leo like this before. He's the best in the world and he'll keep being it... he's not said anything to me.'
Lionel Messi: "I think it's good for everyone. First for me and then for everyone else. I believe there are a lot of people who want that"

I have a feeling he will return for the World Cup in Russia. But until then, the dream is dead. :cry:

FUCK YOU MARADONA! YOU DID THIS!!!
FUCK HIGUAIN! FUCK CLAUDIO BRAVO! FUCK EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans