10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Nope.

He should cool.his head for a few weeks, spend it with his family and then get back to training harder then ever. Obviously continue with NT is a must. Without it, I feel Messi as we know him is gone. What is there to fight for? He would be drained...
I am not too sure man....Football is his life! He loves the game too much to not give a damn I think

Besides, he can always get the stupid Argentinian media and the bloody critics over there to eat their words by doing brilliantly for his adopted mother, Barcelona! But then again this is only an optimistic way of looking at the things

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Maradona asked him not to leave as well and to carry a team to victory in Russia. He is a bi polar moron...Putting pressure on the team like no one else, telling them not to come back without cup, I geniunely feel Gonzalo is afraid of the ball now.
Idiot must still be doing drugs.... Speak like a moron when high, and make some sense otherwise

Hope di Maria and Aguero also shit their pants and never get called to the NT again

blaugrana1987

Or not. It could prolong his time with Barça. What I know is that the nt drain him a lot. I can't see a reason to why Messi would be "gone" without it.
I dont agree with that. He HAS to try one more time in Russia. It simply doesnt matter anymore if he lost 3 or 4 finals (if they somehow get and lose one in Russia).

Him going like this shatters his legacy. Its hot headed call after terrible loss, yes, but he will be back. He enjoys playing for Arhgentina more IMO and we all know Messi will want to play in every match he possibly can.

He also said it in effect and never confirmed it is done deal. It was morw "I think this is it..." kind of thing.

He HAS to try again. The pressure is monumental though. Just match greatest single player tournament ever. Yea, that will work -_-

F

Flavia

I dont agree with that. He HAS to try one more time in Russia. It simply doesnt matter anymore if he lost 3 or 4 finals (if they somehow get and lose one in Russia).

Him going like this shatters his legacy. Its hot headed call after terrible loss, yes, but he will be back. He enjoys playing for Arhgentina more IMO and we all know Messi will want to play in every match he possibly can.

He also said it in effect and never confirmed it is done deal. It was morw "I think this is it..." kind of thing.

He HAS to try again. The pressure is monumental though. Just match greatest single player tournament ever. Yea, that will work -_-

I don't think he enjoys more playing for argentina. Not with the way things are with AFA. He doesn't play with the same joy he has at Barça. Also, he doesn't have to try again at all. He has done a lot already, and if he doesn't want to do anymore, it's perfectly fine. Argentina won't win anything with a limited and dumb coach like tata at the helm, or with the state afa is currently in.

Argentina making to 3 finals in those 3 past years was a lot. People talk about being a failure losing them, but reaching those finals, without a good team, and 2 of those with tata as coach, was a great feat. Too bad people don't value that.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Argentina might not have broken their trophy curse with messi leading them but they have experienced feelings of pride and joy about their football, forgotten for more than 20 years.
Leo Messi stops his international career at 29, having led his country to 3 finals, being the all time top scorer and top assist-er. I think that's mighty impressive.

[youtube]L0SX9a7iHEk[/youtube]

F

Flavia

[tw]747585362835320832[/tw]

I want to believe.

[tw]747588032404951041[/tw]

[tw]747588330355720192[/tw]

[tw]747590929922416640[/tw]

[tw]747591425936658432[/tw]

[tw]747589682116976640[/tw]

Remorse now, huh? Well, fuck you, maradona. Said a lot of bs, put even more pressure on them, and now this. Clown.

Devils

Is that Maradona interview actually real? Those words...it's almost too surreal believe.

Sounds exactly like what a fat, grimy, coked-up, delusional, egomaniacal, self-centered, old coward would say.

If he were in front of me right now, I'd look him right in the eyes and spit in his face.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Let the Argentina legends and media cry a river.... I sincerely hope Leo won't return to the Argentina NT

He is too good a man to endure the crookedness and pettiness of those legends! He don't need that shit

gasgas

What could had won this copa, preventing it from going to penalties, was a good attacking force. Neither chile nor argentina managed to score. So the claim of "defense winning this kind of tournament" is totally void.

so you didnt see bravo making any crucial saves

you can insult.
that's known for well,
but where did i blame the Argentina defence
Your comment implies that Chile had a better defence, since they won the tournament and defence wins the tournament according to you.

it implies but that’s not what it means

Ripsta

Two chances left Leo, Argentina have some good youth coming through, just need a new manager. He should play till 2019 at least.

Messi983

Nothing can shatter his legacy in my eyes. There are a lot of players who didn't win anything with their NTs (some of them like Di Stefano and Best have not even played in the WC) and have done a lot less at the club level than Messi. For me he'll always be the best I've seen playing football in my lifetime. Personally I also find NT football and WC/Euro/Copa tournaments as overrated but that's just me. I can understand if most people disagree with that.

For the second part I believe his decision about retiring (together with other experienced players like Masche) was made before the final. If you've read his comments before the the game you could read that between the lines. I also think he'd retire even if they'd win but of course then he'd wait a few days before saying that publicly to not spoil the party. But then again, this loss has given him opportunity to keep real reasons for his retirement to himself. Those reasons are related mostly to everything currently going on with AFA which seems to really upset him. And until circumstances there change I don't see him coming back.

I've seen a lot of people (most of them non-Barça/Argentina fans) calling him out for a rage quit after another disappointing loss but I don't think that's the case. He was thinking about that for a long time and as said above I think he also made his decision before the final. So I don't see this as hotheaded decision that he'll change over the time after people (even those who did never support him as much as he deserved) will try to convince him to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans