10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMU ReBorn

Hold your horses man. Portugal has not advanced to the final yet, and even if they do next week, they will have a very hard time against Germany/Italy/France (sorry Iceland, it was fun while it lasted).

Ronaldo vs. Messi debate has long been over. Most sane football fans, including many Real Madrid fans recognize that Messi is a much better and much more complete footballer than Ronaldo, who is more or less a first-class striker these days. Yes at this rate Ronaldo will win his 4th BD next January, just one short of Messi's. Sorry, no amount of BDs Ronaldo will win will change that narrative.

For the sake of the discussion, worst case scenario, if even say Portugal beats Germany/Italy/France and Ronaldo had a game of his life performance, it will sway opinions for a while for sure, but over time it won't matter. One trophy does not change the overall narrative.
If Portugal win's Euro there is no way back for Leo and we can't defend him. Lucky bitch will always get away . we know messi is better but it is of no use as Maradona will always be regarded as the better player among nuetral's because of National team glory. That's how it work's sadly. Last one week has been painful for me. I can't withstand what is going around. If god doesn't show mercy, overrated bitch will be regarded as best of this era . By that time i will be done watching football

F

Flavia

If Portugal win's Euro there is no way back for Leo and we can't defend him. Lucky bitch will always get away . we know messi is better but it is of no use as Maradona will always be regarded as the better player among nuetral's because of National team glory. That's how it work's sadly. Last one week has been painful for me. I can't withstand what is going around. If god doesn't show mercy, overrated bitch will be regarded as best of this era . By that time i will be done watching football

Hahaha. Sorry, that's not how it works. cr is doing nothing of note this euro, so far. People aren't that stupid.

Stric

Hahaha. Sorry, that's not how it works. cr is doing nothing of note this euro, so far. People aren't that stupid.

Unfortunately, if Portugal accomplishes anything, that will override however useless Ronaldo was during the competition, and he will get credit.

F

Flavia

Unfortunately, if Portugal accomplishes anything, that will override however useless Ronaldo was during the competition, and he will get credit.

Get credit, surely. How much will depend on how much he does, if it gets to that. But the current doom of Messi being automatically behind him for it it's purely bs. Again, people aren't that stupid.

Stric

There's only two infinite things: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe.

:lol:

LordLichtenstein

tumblr_n4s62ghkeR1tq4of6o1_500.gif

So-Stupid.gif

F

Flavia

I do, I just thought it was kind of appropriate. :) Besides, it's still a good quote. :lol:

I don't think so. Not in this case, at least. No one can really say that if cr keeps being invisible for portugal, that he'll be hailed better than Messi if portugal win the euros. It's really nonsense.

Iniesta to me is a better player than cr, overall. And he won 2 euros and a wc. He's not better than Messi because of that.

dakt

I had to post here first after banning my self for a week, since I was so sad for Leo....that and my NT getting kicked out of the Euro was punch in the face for me.

There's nothing that can ever be done that would make me doubt in Messi. Sometimes you just need luck. He was already the greatest ever for me and many others long before this Copa. Nothing can erase that.
Nobody made me feel about the football like Leo did. I hope he'll come to his senses and enjoy the rest of his career here at Barca. Just let the boy play.

To all blood thirsty Argentinian fellas out there....f u.

Jadentheman

To be fair many people like to argue Maradona's Napoli run as well. Saying that Messi had better players around him than Maradona at Napoli

sickstar

imagine this... ronaldo, again disappearing in the semi, but portugal able to advance to final. He then pulled his best performance at final, scoring goals. people went "look at cr7, how he is the best by being able to win champions league and euro, club and nation. He's the real current best player". That... when the only good performance are the final one and one against hungary. While we know Messi, who nearly man of the match every games when he played, only not lucky enough for not being able to win his team at final. If that happens,I won't read the headlines cause it will be filled with rubbish.

Mitchell1978

To be fair many people like to argue Maradona's Napoli run as well. Saying that Messi had better players around him than Maradona at Napoli

Messi also won a lot more with Barcelona then Maradona did with Napoli and over a much longer period, Messi's club career dwarves Maradona's club career.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maradona didn't have scrubs with him at Napoli. That's a myth.

And in better teams he was mostly underwhelming.

Ronaldo(Brazilian ofc) had a better club career than him and two WCs. Surprises me why he's never rated up there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans