10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Lol at 2 juventus players being the goat, seems objective! :)

Everyone, fans and players, bar madridistas and portuguese, agree that Messi is the greatest to ever play, period.

B

Batman

I saw all european matches from 83

so I remember well that Juve and Platini, who reached 3 consecutive european Finals,2 of them in Champions' Cup
I saw also that Euro 1984.

Platini was the leader, the playmaker, the assistman and the top scorer. The most carismatic and the most classy.
Both for Juve and France NT.

Who has lost Platini's deeds cannot talk about legends and european football.

And you're totally wrong about his Balon d'Or:
in those years he was the best player of the world by far, he had personal performances better than anyone else, and won more than anyone else.
Maradona was at your team in his 2 first Balon d'or....and you should know better than me if the argentinian was worth of anything.

Platini 1984's was the best year for a footballer that I've ever seen:
He won Serie A with, as best assistman and top scorer....with 20 goals beating Zico (pure forward) with 19
he won Cups' Cup....beating UTD in Semifinal and Porto in Final (that POrto was going to win Champions' Cup 3 years later)
he won EURO with France....with 9 goals in 5 matches...... still best performance for a single player in a big tournament

nobody else has done that, Messi neither
He can this year.....if he will win America Cup and will score lots of goals

May I ask how old are you? I would think you are 45-50 years old to witness early 80s era

Anyway I disagree with you. Platini was best European player in 84 but not in the world. Strictly in term of talent and skills as an attacking midfielder both Maradona and Zico ahead of Platini.

Only people from Europe put Platini ahead of Zico but the rest of the world (Latin America, Asia and Africa) jerseys of Zico still selling. Zico best years from 87-84 and from 84+ it was Maradona's era.

Careers and big games and NT trophies are fine to discuss and compare all time greats, but the greatest ever should surely be rated on ability alone.
Take away all of Messi's trophies, he's stil the best ever.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Careers and big games and NT trophies are fine to discuss and compare all time greats, but the greatest ever should surely be rated on ability alone.

Very good point Torn :)

Ekul

The GOAT will never be a defender. Yes, you get legendary defenders but it is a fact that it is easier to defend than to attack.

LordLichtenstein

addvada.png

I added some new things

The more I dig into this method the more Neymar's stats impresses me.

Here is how things stand.

Neymar - Favorite opponents, are teams who ranks around 7th in the table.
Suárez - Favorite opponents, are teams who ranks around 9th in the table.
Ronaldo - Favorite opponents, are teams who ranks around 10th in the table.
Messi - Favorite opponents, are teams who ranks around 10th in the table.

BrazilFan

I agree to an extent but that how sports in general is. Your trophy cabinet has an impact on your legacy. If any of you follow basketball, look at the grief they gave Lebron until he ultimately won championship. "He can't be the best unless he wins a championship" something to that extent.

Last edited:

Iarwain

Argentina lost to Germany because they physically collapsed as the game passed. Second consecutive extra time with a day less of rest than their opponents, while Germany played 45 mins against Brazil in full physical intensity. And still, Argentina was the better team in regular 90 mins.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Titles and trophies are overrated. Mario Goetze has a WC trophy and Messi doesn't (and probably never will). That doesn't makes Goetze better than Messi.

raki

Argentina lost to Germany because they physically collapsed as the game passed. Second consecutive extra time with a day less of rest than their opponents, while Germany played 45 mins against Brazil in full physical intensity. And still, Argentina was the better team in regular 90 mins.

They lost because their offensive power was low. Messi was not at his best. Di Maria injured. Aguero injured.
Higuain and Palacio missing sitters.

PS: There´s no race for Golden Ball. Messi will only lose it if he break a leg or something. And even so i´m not sure.

LMessin10

I made this super stats about messi, hope you like it, LordLiechtenstein hope you don't mind i used some of your stats, i gave you proper credits in the image ;)

versaoteste10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans