10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordLichtenstein

I made this super stats about messi, hope you like it, LordLiechtenstein hope you don't mind i used some of your stats, i gave you proper credits in the image ;)

versaoteste10.jpg
Of course I don't mind :) This is the reason I uploaded it, so that people would use it ;)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the 38 assists from? I count 28.

Last edited:

ejuventus

Lol at 2 juventus players being the goat, seems objective! :)
Everyone, fans and players, bar madridistas and portuguese, agree that Messi is the greatest to ever play, period.
Juventus has the highest number of World Champions, remember
and we were the team that first arrived to win all 3 UEFA CUps

We have 8 Finals like you, we just missed too many of them, but we have 3 UEFA Cup and 1 Cups' Cup

Barça took the lead of european football in the last decade, before for 20 years it took to Juve.

Before Messi and our relegation, we have been the team with highest number of Balon d'Or

So that, yes...... there can be Juventus player as GOAT
Another one is Baggio, who scored reapetdly in WC matches, in 3 different editions....and he did in 1/8, in quarter, in semif.....what Messi has not been able to do.
Del Piero is just another one between Platini, Baggio and Zidane.
Take memory.

A pure forward who's never won anything on a international level and has never scored in in-out games CANNOT simply be considered the best ever.
It's a fact.
Point.

About club?
Already said.....no doubt Messi is the best player ever on a only clubs' level

May I ask how old are you? I would think you are 45-50 years old to witness early 80s era

Anyway I disagree with you. Platini was best European player in 84 but not in the world. Strictly in term of talent and skills as an attacking midfielder both Maradona and Zico ahead of Platini.

Only people from Europe put Platini ahead of Zico but the rest of the world (Latin America, Asia and Africa) jerseys of Zico still selling. Zico best years from 87-84 and from 84+ it was Maradona's era.
I'm a bit younger than what you suppose, but I can remember even better than older people for a simple fact.

Early 80's for Juve and italian fans were the same that these years are for you Barça's...... they were our apogee, in every sense:
Italy won WC in Spain, Juve were composed by 6 World Champions (all the most decisive ones.....9 of the last 10 goals in WC were scored by Juventus players.....only the useless 10th , the 3rd of the Final, was scored by a non-Juventus players).

Platini was the best player of the world, without doubt, and Boniek a fantastic forward (the equivalent of Suarez nowadays)
Juve finally reached the top of the world in those years, so that for every Juventus supporter is easy to remember.

For me, there are also personal reasons.
My first memories in my life are WC 1982, and then Juventus european campaign in 1982/83, and then so on.

You cannot absolutely say Zico was better than Platini.
I don't know if you know, but Zico played two years in Serie A.........he showed class and skills, but Platini was better and won too.
Not to talk tournaments for nation, where Platini's France was always best than Brazil's Zico as well as his single performances.
Get informed.

PLatini was by far the best player in the world during 1982-85

Careers and big games and NT trophies are fine to discuss and compare all time greats, but the greatest ever should surely be rated on ability alone.
Take away all of Messi's trophies, he's stil the best ever.
interesting point

this year, Messi has done a further step, and he's really close to perfection
But the arguement is always the same....... Barça's Messi or Argentina's Messi ??

with NT Messi hasn't showed all possible skills....we all know

ANYWAY........ it's not a good job for me to stay in a BArça forum arguing about Messi / Platini or ZIdane, specially at the end of such year.

Enjoy such fantastic player, we all do as well because he's for all....
Just I hope we 'll be able to stop him somehow if we match again in the future

CIAO !

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Platini and zidane are not in the same level as Messi, not even close. This is a bad joke... Messi has consistently being great and improving for 10+ years. Only slowed down when he had injury problems.
And if not for Messi, argentina wouldn't have got to the wc finals. And this is a team sport in the end. One player can't win it alone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder what people will say if Messi leads Argentina to Copa America glory. No WC?

There will always be something held against him by some people.

Keep in mind Maradona has never won a Copa America. Argentina has not won it for a long time. And this will be the toughest Copa America in a long time, if they win then it'll be a great achievment for Argentina.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I wonder what people will say if Messi leads Argentina to Copa America glory. No WC?

Technically speaking, Messi has three world cups. :troll:

I'm actually more curious to see what new thing they will come up with to discredit him if he wins Russia 2018.

Stric

Platini and zidane are not in the same level as Messi. This is a bad joke... Messi has consistently being great and improving for 10+ years. Only slowed down when he had injury problems.
And if not for Messi, argentina wouldn't have got to the wc finals. And this is a team sport in the end. One player can't win it alone.

Even with Messi, Argentina was not expected to go as far as they did. The fact that Argentina, of all teams, reached the WC final speaks volumes of how Messi carries them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even with Messi, Argentina was not expected to go as far as they did. The fact that Argentina, of all teams, reached the WC final speaks volumes of how Messi carries them.

Argentina had trouble with injuries, players out of form, even Messi. Still managed to get far and Messi had a big role with dragging them all the way to Rio. Defence and Romero deserves credit too.

NotInHere

Why do you guys put so much emphasis on this whole GOAT thing, I'm not arguing that Messi is not one of best players the the history of the game has seen, but then again I doubt any of us if not the majority watched Maradona, Pele etcc each week live in this forum, so I don't understand why some of you claim Messi is the goat and claim it as a fact.

But then again it's hard to imagine anyone from past history exceeding Leos play, I mean this guy has it all, plus its hard to imagine someone else dominating the world of football for so long like he has.

xavi_the_Boss

Messi didn´t play that good at the WC.Looked like the same Messi we saw under Tata.You know the one who was saving himself for the WC.

F

Flavia

Messi didn´t play that good at the WC.Looked like the same Messi we saw under Tata.You know the one who was saving himself for the WC.

He wasn't in his best form, for his huge standards. But he still dragged the argies to the final.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

His play was lacking, but he was instrumental nonetheless. He carried Argentina out of the group stage, assisted the winner against Switzerland, and, IIRC, gave the pre-assist for Higuain's winner against Belgium. And after Di Maria went down, Argentina as a whole bunkered down, leaving Messi to do everything himself in attack. However, even Messi is human and when you have it all to do yourself, even the best of the best can come up short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans