10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wick

Stop being a vegetable. . .

Quit belly-aching. There is no conspiracy, and you are clueless. Madrid players have also been investigated in the past, though not for the same. Casillas was investigated and found guilty and Ramos was under investigation along with Xavi and Iniesta, and was not found guilty of anything. But they were investigated, so people should stop talking nonsense about only Barca players being targeted.
Casillas paid €1.6m after they reached an agreement because there were discrepancies but it wasn't a crime because he did not try to evade paying taxes. Messi, Neymar and Mascherano are facing legal charges for tax fraud. They're not the same. Thet should get their things in order, otherwise they wouldn't have been investigated and charged.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How can he have his name cleared when they've clearly done something wrong with the tax? And they know it, which is why they've already started to pay back the money.

Maybe because the Spanish Fiscal Authority and the State Prosecutor dropped all charges against him before the judge and 3rd party took up the case against him despite that?

Spanish Princess had the charges dropped against her because she didn't know a shit either, yet in thise case, it's different.

Yeah, Messi and his dad in particular should've hired better advisors and it's Messi's income the case is about, but his dad should be the one to stand responsible for it.

Last edited:

Interlop

Yes because having his reputation ruined because of shady court dealings would help him focus a lot.

I don't think he gives a crap about the money. If he wants his name cleared which he should, then he'll appeal.

As I said, not that easy to just move on happily.

The next is Supreme Court, which I highly doubt that will overrule the sentence. Better to move on and start the season. Glad it is during the break and not before a CL semi-final or last La Liga games.

BBZ8800

Yes because having his reputation ruined because of shady court dealings would help him focus a lot.

I don't think he gives a crap about the money. If he wants his name cleared which he should, then he'll appeal.

As I said, not that easy to just move on happily.

But, in a worst case scenario, imagine this:
1. Argentina's fans whining and attacking him all season about NT team failures and his quitting.
He will be under a lot of pressure no matter if he remains outside of an NT team or if he comes back
So, a distraction NO1
2. Taxes, court, appeal, his public image
If he'll think about this, he will be distracted again for who knows how long
3. then imagine if Neymar gets distracted by celebrity lifestyle, his personal taxes problems etc
4. imagine if some of Messi/Ney add an injury on top of all distractions
5. so, we need our current players on top, since we were just handed 54-64 of additional Millions to be paid for that land sales and money to DIS from Neymar's transfer.
So, we will have much less money for a 4th striker or for new players in upcoming years.

When you sum it all, we need fit, healthy and concentrated Messi and Neymar, because we lack money in all areas.

I mean, I love Messi, I care for his public image, his mental happiness and everything.
But as a Barca fan, pay the fckng taxes (regardless of if you knew about this or not, even though I can't buy a story about his naivity), forget that crap and play football.

Sorry

Zidane121

Banned
Maybe because the Spanish Fiscal Authority and the State Prosecutor dropped all charges against him before the judge and 3rd party took up the case against him despite that?

Spanish Princess had the charges dropped against her because she didn't know a shit either, yet in thise case, it's different.

Yeah, Messi and his dad in particular should've hired better advisors and it's Messi's income the case is about, but his dad should be the one to stand responsible for it.

Messi is not a baby, he's 29, both will be responsible at the end of the day. They both have 21 months suspended sentence.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No BBZ, I don't want your scenarios. Not ever again.

Just respond to my post with your opinion and no scenarios or strange percentages.

Zidane121

Banned
CmrWn45WEAAJ46g.jpg

Just a great throwback pic I saw of Leo and Josep.

BBZ8800

No BBZ, I don't want your scenarios. Not ever again.

Just respond to my post with your opinion and no scenarios or strange percentages.

It sounds as a tragedy now if he needs to pay 2M Euros.
He earns 50M yearly from Barca and sponsors, and clearly someone around him responsible for finances cheated.

Pay the taxes and move on.
He won't turn into a homeless because of these 2 Millions.

Actually, he'll earn them until 23rd July 2016...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Quit belly-aching. There is no conspiracy, and you are clueless. Madrid players have also been investigated in the past, though not for the same. Casillas was investigated and found guilty and Ramos was under investigation along with Xavi and Iniesta, and was not found guilty of anything. But they were investigated, so people should stop talking nonsense about only Barca players being targeted.
Casillas paid €1.6m after they reached an agreement because there were discrepancies but it wasn't a crime because he did not try to evade paying taxes. Messi, Neymar and Mascherano are facing legal charges for tax fraud. They're not the same. Thet should get their things in order, otherwise they wouldn't have been investigated and charged.

Really? I do smell something fishy from the fact that Don mentioned "the Spanish Fiscal Authority and the State Prosecutor dropped all charges against him before the judge and 3rd party took up the case against him despite that", and isn't there a former Real Madrid board member, a female one who was sitting in some sort of committee that had something to do with the prosecution?

Messi983

I highly doubt, even his father knew anything about it. Look at his background and education. There is no ways messi or his father could've done this. Its nonsense.

Sorry, but then his father is just stupid/naive. I can understand that Leo, who was around 20 when that happens didn't take care of his own finances at that age and didn't know what was going on (or as he said he trusted his father and signed whatever papers he brought to him without reading them before) but it's harder to believe that Jorge Messi didn't know anything about that. I don't know if it was his personal responsibility or the familly already had some financial advisor back then but like I said it's hard to believe Jorge Messi didn't know what was going on.

SeloBarca

Friends label me a conspiracy nut for this but I feel they are trying to run him out of Spain.
Would have never gotten happened if he was a Madridista.

That much is quite obvious.
Even more when Madrid players has done the same but just paid the fine and that was all.
The first trial ended with the same result, and the state atorney prosecutors just wanted Messi to pay the fine like all the others, but then a former Real Madrid lawyer, Marta Silva de Lapuerta, refused to put the case to rest.
If you cant beat them on the field you have to find other ways..
here in Sweden, you can just say you want other judges and lawyers if you find someone has a personal agenda, clearly a former Real Madrid employee are biased.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

Well he's not, don't jump on this because it's Messi, we know he broke your dreams twice as a Utd fan :D If it was a United player or even any other player in the same situation i'm sure you wouldn't be suggesting they pay more, you're just still butthurt towards him.

Not butthurt one bit, i don't hold on to things and obsess over things like others. Better team won. I love watching Barca and Messi play, hence why i post on here. Have never said a bad word about both and doubt i will.

My reasoning behind my post (if you want to hear it or just keep on being an immature cunt if anybody disagrees with you over something regarding a bloke you are obbsessed with and will never meet in your life) is i think its unfair how celebrities/ famous athletes who use their talents to earn ridiculous amounts of money should try and fiddle the system. Now i know people will tell me he didn't know what was happening and it was his dad/agent/whatever but i feel has if that is just being ridiculously naive. He knew the score.

This is a great forum but it is going down hill very quickly with all this bitterness and paranoia regarding everything to do with messi/ronaldo/real/uefa/fifa etc. I simply expressed my opinion on something which pretty much everybody that isn't a barca fan agrees with yet i get accused of being butthurt over something that happened years and years ago which doesn't bother me today in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans