10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
What the fuck. Why do this?

I understand that Leo needs support etc. and that court sentence wasn't really proportional but this isn't helping anyone.

It was the first thing I saw on Instagram when I woke up. Panicked and thought something terrible had happened to him. The fuck was the club thinking? It is over now, they need to let people forget it with time, not make some fucking social media campaign.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should've done something before the trial concluded.

Making it worse now. Everyone turned their attention to the Euro final, Pogba and Matuidi to Man Utd rumors, Umtiti or something else...and now they've brought it back up again with a cringeworthy campaign.

Action speaks louder than words, and Bartomeu did nothing to help him until it was too late.

F

Flavia

Should've done something before the trial concluded.

Making it worse now. Everyone turned their attention to the Euro final, Pogba and Matuidi to Man Utd rumors, Umtiti or something else...and now they've brought it back up again with a cringeworthy campaign.

Action speaks louder than words, and Bartomeu did nothing to help him until it was too late.

It's kind of backfiring. A lot of people are trolling like hell. I think Barto panicked a bit, after the rumors of Messi thinking about leaving. There was no fuss here, but even Xavi and Puyol spoke about it.

DonAK

It's kind of backfiring. A lot of people are trolling like hell. I think Barto panicked a bit, after the rumors of Messi thinking about leaving. There was no fuss here, but even Xavi and Puyol spoke about it.

What might make them all sweat is the fact that his contract is running out in 2018.

Should've started negotiating with him for an extension last year instead of in the coming months which Bartomeu admitted to be on the agenda.

ebc_99

What were they thinking putting that out, it makes the club look like idiots. People had almost forgotten about it, Euro final on Sunday then transfers will start and pre-season, nobody will talk about the tax case but now they have brought it all back up again and it will be much more memorable in a bad way. Honestly heads have to roll for this one, very bad pr for the club and Messi.

Last edited:

mssarm

I can't stop laughing...people initially were really upset that the board was not supportive, now they are unhappy that the club got behind the player.. no matter what you do you will get hammered by the fans. Personally I think Messi should not settle on this because that's a ridiculous claim that 17 year old athlete was fully aware what he was signing and he is guilty as charged. It doesn't matter if he avoids the jail, after court decision he will be considered a criminal. I don't think people understand this. Not getting the jail sentence doesn't clear your name, you are still convicted criminal in this case for tax evasion. That's why Messi is going for appeal. There are many reports that Messi is not happy that the club was not supportive, I don't know how the fans were expecting the club to be supportive except for pushing the issue on public spotlight. Anyways that's my personal opinion, please go ahead and blast me for it. But I got to tell ya: it never cease to amaze me the volatility of the fan opinion in this forum

F

Flavia

I can't stop laughing...people initially were really upset that the board was not supportive, now they are unhappy that the club got behind the player.. no matter what you do you will get hammered by the fans. Personally I think Messi should not settle on this because that's a ridiculous claim that 17 year old athlete was fully aware what he was signing and he is guilty as charged. It doesn't matter if he avoids the jail, after court decision he will be considered a criminal. I don't think people understand this. Not getting the jail sentence doesn't clear your name, you are still convicted criminal in this case for tax evasion. That's why Messi is going for appeal. There are many reports that Messi is not happy that the club was not supportive, I don't know how the fans were expecting the club to be supportive except for pushing the issue on public spotlight. Anyways that's my personal opinion, please go ahead and blast me for it. But I got to tell ya: it never cease to amaze me the volatility of the fan opinion in this forum

Their timing was bad. They really should be supporting him before the sentence. I'm not sure a twitter campaing is what Messi wanted as support, either.

Stric

If they kept silent, then we'd complain about how they're keeping silent. There's no great moves in a situation like this. Whatever is done is going to be bad from one perspective or another.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What the fuck is our club doing? This is completely the wrong time to come out with this shit, now they've brought it back into the spotlight just when it was going away.

Fucking idiots, if they wanted to support Messi they should have supported him during the damn trial, not fucking after it.

Chong Li

As if the club publicly supporting Leo before the sentence would have changed something. With that bitch Silva Lapuerta involved it was obvious he would get a harsh verdict, no matter what.

DonAK

If they kept silent, then we'd complain about how they're keeping silent. There's no great moves in a situation like this. Whatever is done is going to be bad from one perspective or another.

The great move was supporting him publicly like the club and Bartomeu did a few days ago. The bad move is this twitter campaign which is just stupid and bringing everyone's attention back to the case again.

Not a case of damned if you, damned if you don't, and don't make it out to be that way either.

Would be a millionaire if I got a penny for every time [MENTION=19476]mssarm[/MENTION] completely missed the point around here and goes around bitching about the forum.

xXKonan

See a lot of Butt hurt United fans from the trolling stuff.

Hilariously considering their current manager, had tax issues like Leo in Spain as well. :lol: bunch of Hypocrites ehh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans