10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorrin10

I've just checked the Ballon D'or odds on the betting sites and
Cristiano Ronaldo 2/9
Lionel Messi 5/1
Antoine Griezmann 11/2

Ronaldo's favourite to win it by them, they usually get it right every year.

Not surprising really, i think Griezmann already summed it up, when he said it's done for this year, Cristiano is getting it, and quite deserved too, if i might add. Just hoping that Messi after all his personal and Argentina crap, gets a little angry and most of all properly motivated again and has a spectacular 2016/17 season, so he can make it 6-4 in January 2018. :messi1:

Zidane121

Banned
Not surprising really, i think Griezmann already summed it up, when he said it's done for this year, Cristiano is getting it, and quite deserved too, if i might add. Just hoping that Messi after all his personal and Argentina crap, gets a little angry and most of all properly motivated again and has a spectacular 2016/17 season, so he can make it 6-4 in January 2018. :messi1:

Leo really needs to play well with Barca next season, otherwise Ronaldo will be right behind him and could make it 5-5 in 2017 if Leo doesn't play well.

Trickykid

Jesus christ, you guys are so fucking hung up on these Ballon d'or awards. Guess what, I really hope that Messi has a good season, so is benefits Barça. Shocking, I know.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Leo really needs to play well with Barca next season, otherwise Ronaldo will be right behind him and could make it 5-5 in 2017 if Leo doesn't play well.

Unfortunately, between Messi and Ronaldo in a WC (euro and copa America to a lesser extent)-less year, he who wins the CL (and if neither won the CL, it is down to counting other silverware in the season) wins the BD, regardless of the actual performance. So yes, Ronaldo could win more BD's than Messi if Real Madrid wins more titles in the coming seasons.

Ronaldo fans are already claiming that as long as Real Madrid wins one more CL, Ronaldo will come ahead of Messi in terms of accomplishments that write history.

But we know it is not just those silverware that counts. The content matters more. How they were won matters more. How the player did matters more.

Last edited:

likeafire

Messi is getting trolled hard online. I don't know when it's going to stop. And just like I predicted, Ronaldo is the one getting praised for 'inspiring' his team even though he didn't even play. 'Ronaldo the manager' 'Look at Ronaldos passion on the Touchline'. The ballon dor is over. Real Madrid will win the super cup and the world club cup yet, two more trophies for Ronaldo. But it don't matter, the fact that he has an international trophy eclipses anything that is done on the club side.

Hopefully Messi can come out of retirement and win the World Cup, would be a miracle with that shit bottling team. Or at least win the copa America

Hardy

dont' give a shit of balon d'or. On Messi return to GOAT mode my doubts are:

-still motivated? his decision with NT is not a great signal because the only thing never win is a NT trophy but i'm confident change is mind;
-his physical condition, after WC he had an amazing comeback but it's been two years;
-the most important thing, he needs support by team, especially midfield, Messi last months basically was our best playmaker and this is unacceptable.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I wouldn't worry about him so much. A good rest will do our GOAT a lot of good. He's already got a lot of love from Argentina, he'll be even more motivated now that he knows his people are behind him for good. + The case is closed with his taxes so he doesn't have to think about that stuff anymore.

xxxxxx

Ronaldo was awful for most of the Euros.... and he did nothing in Semi-finals and finals of the Champs League.

Ronaldo has much more luck than Messi ever has with his teams.

doublehh03

Ronaldo was awful for most of the Euros.... and he did nothing in Semi-finals and finals of the Champs League.

Ronaldo has much more luck than Messi ever has with his teams.

Didn't win the Euro player of the tournament (was he even top 3 in voting) nor golden boot. So obviously people clearly saw he wasn't good.

NotInHere

If Cristiano wins the balon d'or the award itself loses value completely, it already kinda did when they reopened the voting in 2013 anyway, I can accept him winning it if he was the best player in the world, but he really isn't, he and portugal basically fluked their way into winning the euro, not to mention he and madrid also fluked their way into winning the CL.. Most unmemorable balon d'or winner if you ask me.

Zidane121

Banned
If Cristiano wins the balon d'or the award itself loses value completely, it already kinda did when they reopened the voting in 2013 anyway, I can accept him winning it if he was the best player in the world, but he really isn't, he and portugal basically fluked their way into winning the euro, not to mention he and madrid also fluked their way into winning the CL.. Most unmemorable balon d'or winner if you ask me.

he deserves it, 50 goals for madrid last season and 3 goals and 3 assists at the euros and won the CL and euro 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans