10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

he deserves it, 50 goals for madrid last season and 3 goals and 3 assists at the euros and won the CL and euro 2016.
I guess the circumstances on how he won the CL and Euro doesn't matter, so I guess they might as well give him the balon d'or, you seem to think like the voters:lol:

Zidane121

Banned
I guess the circumstances on how he won the CL and Euro doesn't matter, so I guess they might as well give him the balon d'or, you seem to think like the voters:lol:

The circumstances were he was top scorer in the CL with 16 goals and 2nd top joint scorer at the euros won silverboot with another 3 assists. and missed the final from the 15th minute due to injury otherwise he would've probably scored.

F

Flavia

The circumstances were he was top scorer in the CL with 16 goals and 2nd top joint scorer at the euros won silverboot with another 3 assists. and missed the final from the 15th minute due to injury otherwise he would've probably scored.

Or not. He statpadded against weak sides in the CL, then disappeared. He wasn't brilliant in this euro either. Far from performances worthy of being called the best in the world. He'll win it because of hype, and because since 2008 it's either him or Messi.

Zidane121

Banned
Or not. He statpadded against weak sides in the CL, then disappeared. He wasn't brilliant in this euro either. Far from performances worthy of being called the best in the world. He'll win it because of hype, and because since 2008 it's either him or Messi.

Did Ronaldo not score the winner against FC Barcelona to end their streak? Overall, Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or over Messi this year. I'm a realistic person instead of a dreamer. Messi can try again in 2017.

Mitchell1978

Not surprising really, i think Griezmann already summed it up, when he said it's done for this year, Cristiano is getting it, and quite deserved too, if i might add. Just hoping that Messi after all his personal and Argentina crap, gets a little angry and most of all properly motivated again and has a spectacular 2016/17 season, so he can make it 6-4 in January 2018. :messi1:

Cr7 will probably win it but deserved lol, for what his goal against Wales? He didnt contribute anything in either final. Not only Messi but also Suarez has played better in 2016

Mitchell1978

11 of those 16 goals have been scored in 2015, his only great performances/contributions are the hattrick against WOLFSBURG and his goal against Wales, he will probably win it but het doesnt deserve it (so far) which makes the Award meaningless

F

Flavia

Did Ronaldo not score the winner against FC Barcelona to end their streak? Overall, Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or over Messi this year. I'm a realistic person instead of a dreamer. Messi can try again in 2017.

So what? Barça won the league. cr hasn't played better football then Messi this year. He wasn't brilliant or anything of the sort. Just lucky. But that's what the bdor is nowadays, a popularity contest.

NotInHere

that's nice and all but I mean who doesn't expect Cristiano to score tons of goals? And like Flavia said most of his goals in the CL came against the weakest opponents, where Real Madrid basically owned those teams, not just Cristiano..

Overall the most unworthy Balon d'or winner, they'll just give it to him because of what his teams won, not because of his actual performances, and in my opinion that should not be the criteria for the balon d'or, yes team accomplishments should be taken into consideration on deciding who deserves the balon d'or, but above that they should take into consideration how well a player plays for his team that leads to all the team accomplishments.

Pablo Escobar

Ronaldo didn't win anything in 2013 and won a Ballon D'Or for nothing just because Messi didn't have a year as good as the previous and he was injured too, but that's not the point anyway because even if you don't win it's not up to you, he wasn't even close to winning a major and he wasn't playing for underdogs to say any trophy would be gold.
2013 should've went to Robbery, 2014 was between Messi's World Cup run, Neuer excellent parades and eventually someone else from Madrid but not Christina and I would've included Arda or Koke at least as honorable mention.
2015 clearly Messi, 2016 between 1.Griezmann, 2.Messi and 3.Suarez if it would be a fair vote.

But the old Ballon D'Or made some crap choices too based on some very demoted criteria.

They should instruct the voters more, now you can vote Juan Cuadrado as best player and he gets the points just because you're Colombian and you want him to get the points.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Once again between Messi and Ronaldo, BD has very little to do with their actual performances, it is mostly tied to the team trophies they won. That's why it is a joke these days.

Ronaldo will get the 2016 BD 110%, mark my words. Moving forward, the best way to stop Ronaldo from getting it is we win as many important trophies as possible, namely the CL and La Liga trophy.

Pablo Escobar

Messi 2012 - no major trophies, only a bloody Copa nobody cares about, at least we didn't walk out of the season with nothing.
Ronaldo 2013 - no major trophies, actually, not even a insignificant one

serghei

Give me another La Liga next season and a Madrid trashing to go with it and I'll be happy. Ronaldo can have his metal ball for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans